Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 11:07:44 PM EDT
Who makes chrom-lined mid-length uppers?  How much are the mid-lengths that MSTN puts together?  And are they chrom lined?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:18:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Armalite
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:16:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Who makes chrom-lined mid-length uppers?  How much are the mid-lengths that MSTN puts together?  And are they chrom lined?

Check the MSTN Industry forum, Wes has various pricing for his uppers. I have 3 MSTN 16" uppers with a fourth in progress. They all have 16" SS mid-length match barrels. The MRP is available with 16" mid-length chrome lined, but there is a long lead time for them. My MRP carbine has a 16" SS. I shoot mostly 69gr-77gr with mine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one and it's for sale.  Click here.  ADCO has midlength barrels and would be more than happy to build an upper  for you.  Giffman is organizing a group buy of chrome lined midlength barrels with 1/7 twist, so you could get a barrel and build your own.  There's a few more options for you.

I'd recommend buying mine, though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:42:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I got my RRA middy from adcofirearms.com/. Had it lightened under the HG, it came out really nice.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check the MSTN Industry forum, Wes has various pricing for his uppers. I have 3 MSTN 16" uppers with a fourth in progress. They all have 16" SS mid-length match barrels. The MRP is available with 16" mid-length chrome lined, but there is a long lead time for them. My MRP carbine has a 16" SS. I shoot mostly 69gr-77gr with mine.

Okay, quick question:  Do the CQB MRP's have more real-estate than the current M4 FF rails?  Basically, what I want to know is if the MRP's approximate, let's say, a TROY Industry Mid-Lenght FF rail system in available mounting space?  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have one and it's for sale.  Click here.  ADCO has midlength barrels and would be more than happy to build an upper  for you.  Giffman is organizing a group buy of chrome lined midlength barrels with 1/7 twist, so you could get a barrel and build your own.  There's a few more options for you.

I'd recommend buying mine, though.

While that's a VERY nice upper, I've REALLY been looking at the MRP's or having an upper built with the TROY industry mid-length FF RAIL.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#7]
There's a group buy of  chrome lined mid length 1/7 barrels  here:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=121&t=207911
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
or having an upper built with the TROY industry mid-length FF RAIL.  

lightweight chrome lined midlength from Adco with a Troy midlength  handguard:

I need to update this pic after receiving my MagPul stock yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Since Mongo went there first...

I've purchased 2 RRA chrome lined mid-length barrels.  One from ADCO, with the lightweight profile under the HG, and one from Pete in NH, turned and fluted by KKF.  The latter is for sale. E-mail if interested...

If you prefer new, or need the whole assembled upper, then Steve from ADCO or Pete from legalTransfers have both been SUPER to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Since Mongo went there first...

I've purchased 2 RRA chrome lined mid-length barrels.  One from ADCO, with the lightweight profile under the HG, and one from Pete in NH, turned and fluted by KKF.  The latter is for sale. E-mail if interested...

If you prefer new, or need the whole assembled upper, then Steve from ADCO or Pete from legalTransfers have both been SUPER to deal with.

I've met Steve from ADCO personally, and bought items from him and he is a good guy.  Pete from Legal Transfers is a great guy as well.  I've bought from him before and wouldn't hesitate to again if he had something that I needed.  You can't go wrong with dealing with both, but since ADCO is about 30 min away, I'll just run down there if I need anything.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
or having an upper built with the TROY industry mid-length FF RAIL.  

lightweight chrome lined midlength from Adco with a Troy midlength  handguard:
mywebpages.comcast.net/hoplophile/HomelandDefenseCarbine.jpg
I need to update this pic after receiving my MagPul stock yesterday.

Yep, there it is.  Very nice.  How does she balance and handle? Anything you don't like about the set-up?  How's the accuracy?  Who made the barrel?  And, finally, what upper receiver are you running?

Just wanna thank everyone for the quick responses.

SIDE NOTE:  I REALLY like the MSTN builds, but they sure are pricy; however, I knwo that the components he uses are top notch.  BUT, Hoplophile's mid-length sure does look nice.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:54:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#14]
ADCO- what dimensions do you contour these barrels to?  (As per the picture above and Hoplophile's).
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
ADCO- what dimensions do you contour these barrels to?  (As per the picture above and Hoplophile's).

here's a pic of my midlength next to an A2.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the pic!
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 7:39:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yep, there it is.  Very nice.  How does she balance and handle?

Great

Anything you don't like about the set-up?  
The only complaint I've got is that I haven't been able to take her to the range since the ban expired.  Should be abel to make it Thursday evening.

How's the accuracy?  

See above.

Who made the barrel?  
That's a lightweight profile RRA barrel from Adco.

And, finally, what upper receiver are you running?
The upper is an RRA upper that I bought seperately.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Will be waiting on your range report.  And thanks for the feedback.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top