Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2003 3:28:09 PM EDT
Alright, I give up...how do I turn on the LED lights?  I think I've pushed every pressure switch.  I bought it used and I don't have a manual.  Don't want to rip the thing open if I don't need to.

The way my day's going, I probably am just overlooking the obvious.  Oh well, I'll study it later.  I'm gonna take the wife out to dinner now and forget about my chaotic work week...thank GOD for Fridays eh?...

See yall late tonight after Mz Hokie crashes at 11pm!!!
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]

There are three pressure switches on an M900. Two on the forward grip (one on each side) and one at the very back of the unit, up near the rail. The top rear switch is for the LEDs.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
ah...that doesn't work when I push.  Could it be as simple as not having a battery in some secret compartment?  I only put in the three main batteries in the handle.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Just the three batteries. Look on the front of the unit and make sure the rubber caps aren't installed over the LEDs. If you picked it up used, they may have been installed by the previous owner.

Link Posted: 7/11/2003 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep!  That did the trick.  Batteries were in backwards.  Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Beat me too it treetop! I had the same thing happen to me. I had the thing packed up and ready to go out to Surefire. I called them to get a return authorization number and the dude said put the batteries in the other way around. That did it! another thing that happens... is this! If you put one of the battery sticks in a M900, the lockout switch on the bottom wont work! So just stick with 3 standard 123a batteies.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 1:04:00 AM EDT
[#7]
LOL...seems minor but you probably saved me a headache there too!

Wow...you know now that I've got the M900 I'm sitting wondering how I got by all this time without it!

Very good tip newarguy, cheers!

H
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 5:47:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I want an M900 also but my wallet is lite, maybe I'll get one for Christmas !!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I just tried to see if the direction of the batteries made a difference in one of my handhelds, and it worked either way.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Had the same problem here. I was showing a buddy the M500 model with the batteries in backwards. I was explaining how Surefire was the best light on the market but when the LED's did not come on I felt like an idiot.

Installed my M900 last night and I love it.  The only downside is having to make a new sling adjustment but I think I found my solution here. [url]http://www.operationparts.com/ggg.html[/url]
Greg
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#11]
btw, what is the main purpose the LED covers on the M900? Thanks. Greg
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#12]
low light applications (map reading, navigation, and whatever other wacky purpose you can dream up!)[beer]
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#13]
SMV: was your hand-held and incandescent or an LED light?

New AR Guy: AFAIK, most of the Millenium lights don't need to use the shrink-wrapped sticks anymore.  The M500 has the three- and six-pack carriers, the M900 is vertical, and the M95x-a-likes are supposed to have a lip machined into the front of the battery tube behind the light assembly.  But I don't have one to check, and I'd love to know what a manual has to say.

I guess the greatest convience is handling the stick as a unit.  But as the single cells have dropped to $1.25 each, I haven't seen the sticks come down in price either. :(
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I had that same problem
now I have to find a real use for the turbohead
it lights up my whole neighborhood
its insane
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Where is this switch located....quoted from the Surefire website "a system disable switch to lock the light in the OFF position for covert operations or to eliminate accidental light activation during storage"

Looks like the end cap to the batteries is a flush cap, no switch on it, just the tab to lock the cap in place.

I can't find the lock switch anywhere.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I had that same problem
now I have to find a real use for the turbohead
it lights up my whole neighborhood
its insane
View Quote

I almost picked up a turbo head a while back.  Figured it'd be too bright for indoors.  Sounds like it is!

Must be cool though, if you wanted to light up a football field or an alley, or illuminate an entire football stadium, or communicate with Martians!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
SMV: was your hand-held and incandescent or an LED light?
View Quote

It's an old model 12Z I don't think they make it anymore. It's not an LED.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top