Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 8:23:41 AM EDT
I am looking at getting a new upper sans brake for installation after the ban sunset and wondered how much do fh/fs affect accuracy?

Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:06:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Wait.

You'll need a threaded muzzle anyway and can't fit one to a post-ban rifle at present.  

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys but what about a phantom fs?

CRC
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wait.

You'll need a threaded muzzle anyway and can't fit one to a post-ban rifle at present.  

-- Chuck
View Quote

You could get a threaded barrel and stow it away for the sunset and be ok.  Probably not a bad idea as there may be a run on such items when the ban sunsets.

An alternative is to get the threaded barrel and have a muzzle break attached, then have it taken off and replaced after the ban.  This will cost you some money and time, unless you have a local gunsmith who can do it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Yes, what about it ?  

I am looking for a post ban muzzle break that looks cool and has a positive effect on accuracy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes, what about it ?  

I am looking for a post ban muzzle break that looks cool and has a positive effect on accuracy.
View Quote

The phantom is not a muzzle brake. It is a flash suppressor and is therefore not "postban".

Bob
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes, what about it ?  

View Quote

The MiCulek Brake is probably the best out there.  Check out [url=http://www.cmmginc.com/inventory_a/accessories_tbl.html]CMMG[/url].

[image]http://www.cmmginc.com/cmmg_images/tbl_images/accessories_images/MiCulek_Brake.jpg[/image]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#8]
An alternative is to get the threaded barrel and have a muzzle break attached, then have it taken off and replaced after the ban. This will cost you some money and time, unless you have a local gunsmith who can do it.
View Quote

I thought it had to be perm attached.  IE. no way to stick your flash hider on and go on a killing spree [kill] and then just unscrew and attach muzz break!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top