Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/23/2003 7:02:14 PM EDT
This feels like my old hobby, brewing beer, after 98 when good beer got popular and cheap.

I have gone to wolf 45 for bowling pins, meaning I am only reloading to shoot about 100 rounds per week for plate shooting (lead), same story with the 9mm walmart party packs....and I just put a check in the mail for a case of silver bear .223 for pit shoot blasting and I have many cases of Q3131A for range use.

That means I only load .38s for my wife's pistol and lead a few hours every few months for 9mm and 45....and 30.06 for the garand and hunting gun.

Is reloading in bulk dead thanks to russia and walmart?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#1]
and what happens when russia cant import more...or walmart no longer has it, or such methods of resupply cease to exist. Then having that reloader and some supplies makes great sense

:)
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, you are done. Send me all your stuff.

Bob

Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is reloading in bulk dead thanks to russia and walmart?
View Quote

It all depends on what you load.  I use Winchester bulk pack 9mm from Wally World for plinking with my Glock & Kahr, and I have a ton of SA .223 for my AR.  There's no benefit to reloading these calibers for plinking ammo.

Cartridges I do load in bulk, though, are .44 Mag, .300 Whisper, .458 SOCOM and 147 gr subsonic 9mm (for use in suppressed weapons).  For these rounds, my reloading setup is worth every penny.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're SATISFIED with the accuracy of Wolf or Q3131A,  you go right ahead and buy that stuff.

I'm the sort of guy who gets pissed if any one of a ten round string so much as TOUCHES the 10 ring at 100 yards, though.  I like only X's, and overlapping ones at that.   That's why I'm committed to loading my own .223, and I'm paying about as much for a thousand rounds of it as you pay for your Q3131A,  yet I'm getting half inch groups (or better) vs. your two inch groups.

Accuracy is of utmost importance to me.  If I can get match grade accuracy and pay no more per round than buying the cheap stuff, suddenly it's a no brainer.  Reload!!!!

At 100 yards with a 4X scope, I have to move the crosshairs off the point of aim to see the group I just fired.  Means I need a scope with a finer crosshair!  

Now, THAT'S what I'm talking about!

CJ
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top