Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2004 6:28:45 PM EDT
I'm building a 9MM gun and have pretty much narrowed it down to these two uppers. Which would you go with and why?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
FWIW...

I've heard too many bad things about Oly and too many GOOD things about
RRA make this an even contest:

Get the RRA!

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:46:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:50:27 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are planning on getting a straight 9mm setup, with UZI mags, and no custom stuff, the RRA is the way to go.  However, if you are thinking of doing anything special--different magazine design, (maybe even hollow-points), other stuff like that--the Oly is the way to go.  Oly will feed anything, no matter what you do to it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#4]
RRA all the way....the uzi mags are easy to get and can be cut at a decent price....I highly recommend buying at least one factory colt magazine,,,,,

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
RRA all the way....the uzi mags are easy to get and can be cut at a decent price....I highly recommend buying at least one factory colt magazine,,,,,

home.triad.rr.com/gidds/obj25geo8pg1p2.png

Sniff, Sniff, Sniff... Smells like an Eagle discreet case.  The Labdog sez, "Sweeeeeeeeet."
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't own one yet, but I shot an oly and it rocked. That thing with cheap sten mags would digest any ammo we used. I'm going oly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:44:48 AM EDT
[#7]
OLY! I have 2 and they run like champs.....
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#8]

RRA upper and lower...  slightly modified...  painted a touch...  VM Hy Tech mag block with unmodified Uzi mags...

Spooky
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:30:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Close to the same setup as above:

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Of you're choices, I'd go with the RRA.  You might also consider getting a factory Colt 9mm; I understand that they are becoming available for civilian sales.  I know that my 9mm has digested everything I've put in it, from 147 grn sub-sonic to the I.Q. loads and everything in between.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:12:11 AM EDT
[#11]
$5 a mag for the oly system is a lot better than $50 a mag for the colt/rra system.  That being said, I think the Colt LE 9mm setup is nicer if you've got the funds.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Here' s my RRA upper with AWCMK9.   I also use the VM Hytech mag block.  I have an Uzi with plenty of mags and this works great for me.  Uzi mags are fairly inexpensive and require no modifications for this mag block.  

Dan

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I don't own one yet, but I shot an oly and it rocked. That thing with cheap sten mags would digest any ammo we used. I'm going oly.

+1

At about 10000 rounds I broke a hammer pin.  It dumped the mag full auto.  Nice, wish it didn't stop.  Had two new pins from OLY within a day.    The only thing that will stop mine from running is a 380 case in the mix of 9s.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top