BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 10/1/2004 4:38:53 PM EDT
I thought it'd be good for everybody that can to post up some pics of their baby's.
So here's mine to start it off.....
Don't let me be the only one on here, I know there are some mean looking weapons out there.
So let's see 'em. So everybody can see that you can set them up however you want to.
Is there any body out there with a 24" 'wulf????

Updated pic of mine...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Before OD GunKote.

After OD GunKote.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn! I just accidentally deleted 9.9MB of picures from my webspace! Anyway, here goes......
http://home.alltel.net/fdombek/Beowulfblues.jpg
Latest gizmo: I put Stoney Point target knobs on,  so I can keep my 100 yard zero, and try to pick off some clays on the bank at 210 yards the next time I go to the AGFC range. I had them laying around........
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Got 20 new mags ready to go and just ordered 800 rounds and some reloading dies.  Now all I need is some time to shoot it.
'
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:32:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice Pk90.
I like the camo stocks. Haven't seen one like that before.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice Pk90.
I like the camo stocks. Haven't seen one like that before.

Care of Armalite from last years summer sale.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#7]
D*m Griz...
All that brass waiting to be loaded ?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
D*m Griz...

There are about 300 rounds above the 'wulf that I loaded while I was listening to the debate.   The rest is empty brass, I have no idea how much, I just dumped out a bucket of cleaned brass.  Lets just say that I frequent the range where Alexander Arms sometimes does some test-firing  

Edit: 444slayer inspired me to one-up his pic
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
D*m Griz...

There are about 300 rounds above the 'wulf that I loaded while I was listening to the debate.   The rest is empty brass, I have no idea how much, I just dumped out a bucket of cleaned brass.  Lets just say that I frequent the range where Alexander Arms sometimes does some test-firing  

Edit: 444slayer inspired me to one-up his pic

You lucky dog you.....that's a lot of  $ saved on brass man.
Have you ever seen one of the 24"models ?
Does anybody have one of those??

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You lucky dog you.....that's a lot of  $ saved on brass man.
Have you ever seen one of the 24"models ?
Does anybody have one of those??

I don't recall ever seeing one, but I asked Bill Alexander about how much velocity difference there was between the 16" and the 24".  I can't remember exactly how he put it, but he basically said that in the grand scheme of things,  they were both very very slow, so he recommended the 16" barrel unless I had some specific need for a little more velocity.

He also *strongly* recommended the brake, but I ignored his advice on that... shows how smart I am, eh?  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I am sure the brake does help some, but it would be so much more efficient if it had an expansion chamber, or even just a plate welded on the end with a hole that was only .020" or so over bullet diameter. I am really surprised at what they charge for that brake. But I do appreciate it.........
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:55:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I've seen a couple other breaks that will work with the 'wulf, but personally there too damn noisy! My shootin' buddy has one on his and I swear it's half again as loud as mine! Since I put in the 5.5 oz buffer and Wolff springs, I don't feel I need the brake, but I admit they look sexy!.

As far as posting a pic of my gun... not a chance! After seeing some of the beauties here, my poor ugly duckling would hide in the safe and cry! All the refinements to it are internal...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:20:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Now I need to find a decent flip up front sight that will mount on the gas block.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I've seen a couple other breaks that will work with the 'wulf, but personally there too damn noisy! My shootin' buddy has one on his and I swear it's half again as loud as mine! Since I put in the 5.5 oz buffer and Wolff springs, I don't feel I need the brake, but I admit they look sexy!.

As far as posting a pic of my gun... not a chance! After seeing some of the beauties here, my poor ugly duckling would hide in the safe and cry! All the refinements to it are internal...

Come on man, we want a picture of it any way.
If it still looks stock on the outside it doesn't matter.
That way people can see what a stock one looks like too.
I liked mine the way it was but I usually get the bug to do something different to it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Which arms rail did you use VTDefender?
I like that.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#16]

It;'s a #58 SIR(M). I like it a lot.

I haven't seen any other beowulfs with SIRs yet. Thought it would be unique.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#17]
First one I've seen.
And it looks great.
Are those a type of rail protector on the bottom ?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#18]
The only lower rail in the pic is the gray part at the forward end of the bottom of the handguard. The black part is just a molded polymer handguard. It's a lot more comfortable in the hand than it looks.

The handguard has some threaded holes in the bottom(metal inserts) so you can attach an ARMs rail to it if you want to add a vert grip or something.

Think you can see it in this pic:

I prefer it without the forward grip.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Give us a peek.....simplicity is cool,  too. Sometimes I wish I had another Beowulf with nothing more than peep sights or a holosight.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Give us a peek.....simplicity is cool,  too. Sometimes I wish I had another Beowulf with nothing more than peep sights or a holosight.

Sometimes I wish I had one like that.   Oh, wait, I do!  

I was planning on adding a YHM 4-rail handguard, but now that I have it, I like it the way it is.  The only thing I'll probably add is a muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was planning on adding a YHM 4-rail handguard, but now that I have it, I like it the way it is.  The only thing I'll probably add is a muzzle brake.

Their making a midlength one now?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:23:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, they have for as long as I've know about YHM handguards.    
They have a 9.2" version and a 9.675" version.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=142&t=142581
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Here is my Beowulf.  I put coyote tan furniture on it along with a EOTech 512.  Also pictured are the CAR .223 upper and a 10.25" entry weapon.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, they have for as long as I've know about YHM handguards.    
They have a 9.2" version and a 9.675" version.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=142&t=142581

I'm pretty sure those a FF tubes.  I thought you were talking about handguards as in you replace them without tools.  I could use a FF tube and can install one.  But was looking for something cheaper.  So right now I'm using non-tapered Cav Arms C6? handguards which I've installed a Falcon Ind. rail and attached my KAC forward grip.  I have two sets of YHM 2pc 4 railed handguards for CAR length barrels and I know they just came out with the rifle length ones not to long ago.  I don't think they make them yet in midlength.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure those a FF tubes.  I thought you were talking about handguards as in you replace them without tools.  I could use a FF tube and can install one.  But was looking for something cheaper.  So right now I'm using non-tapered Cav Arms C6? handguards which I've installed a Falcon Ind. rail and attached my KAC forward grip.  I have two sets of YHM 2pc 4 railed handguards for CAR length barrels and I know they just came out with the rifle length ones not to long ago.  I don't think they make them yet in midlength.

I have no idea about the non-FF handguards. The YHM FF 4-rail handguards are under $100, if that's not cheap enough, then I don't see how you can even afford ammo
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I like that Ron, The coyote looks good.

How's that cmore holding up to the pounding ?

Thanks for the info on the ARMS VTdefender.

Stingrays got the same alostyr  fore arm on his that I do but he has a vertical grip (tango down I think) When I shot his wulf it felt like having two arms into it helped spread out the recoil a little.

I'm trying to get him to put up a pic of his on here too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I have no idea about the non-FF handguards. The YHM FF 4-rail handguards are under $100, if that's not cheap enough, then I don't see how you can even afford ammo

I reload, but the gun collection went from  7 to about 40 in 1 year.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well here's my Wulf and it has a YHM Mid-Lenght LW FF rail and a Bushnell 3200 2-7x36

Bigant
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:16:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK... I'll post one this evening. My sister-in-law has my digital camera taking after-hurricane pix for the insurance company.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:14:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Looks good bigant,
thanks for putting up a pic.

And thanks to you too FB41. Lets get all we can up here.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#31]
http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPLargeView?com=usUtil&awp=largeview3mbr.html&pict_id=45913167&index=0&album_id=4363182

I hope this comes through... if not I'll try again tomorrow with the website Wulfguy gave me.

The gun has internal customizations: 5.5 tungsten buffer and Wulff +10 springs, RRA 2 stage trigger and some othewr general polishings. Other than that, it's L'il Ugly, the little big bore.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Dammit... it didn't come through... I'll try tomorrow. I guess HP's photo site won't cross over to ARF.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPLargeView?com=usUtil&awp=largeview3mbr.html&pict_id=45913167&index=0&album_id=4363182

I hope this comes through... if not I'll try again tomorrow with the website Wulfguy gave me.

The gun has internal customizations: 5.5 tungsten buffer and Wulff +10 springs, RRA 2 stage trigger and some othewr general polishings. Other than that, it's L'il Ugly, the little big bore.

Wolf +10 spring, is that the Buffer Spring?  Where did you get that? I'm going to get a better trigger for mine too...since I really believe that I could do great groups with that... I have the MGI rate reducer and thats all internally.  If you cant get the pic send it to me and I'll post it for you!

Bigant
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Wow lots of them

I just wish they floated
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Man,
It does a heart good to see such a great pack of wulf's .
w50g
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPLargeView?com=usUtil&awp=largeview3mbr.html&pict_id=45913167&index=0&album_id=4363182

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wolf +10 spring, is that the Buffer Spring?  Where did you get that? I'm going to get a better trigger for mine too...since I really believe that I could do great groups with that... I have the MGI rate reducer and thats all internally.  If you cant get the pic send it to me and I'll post it for you!

Bigant

Thanks, Bigant... I may take you up on that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bigant

I got the whole damn thing at a gun show (buffer and spring). The dude that sold it to me said the spring is 10% stiffer than standard, hence the "+10" . All I know is that it does work (but that buffer sure feels heavy)!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:26:06 AM EDT
[#39]

Lets see how this Image Shack hosting works out...

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Hot damn! It worked! Thanks for the tip wolf50guy!

Like I said, the enhancements are internal. The scope is a Smith and Wesson electric dot sight. It has held up well under recoil and has kept the zero, which is more than I can say for the ATN reflex sight that used to grace the upper.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
www.teleplex.net/gpdept/wulf.jpg
Here is my Beowulf.  I put coyote tan furniture on it along with a C-More ATAC red dot sight.  This C-More is the all metal version sold to LE and Military.  I'm thinking about adding a bipod in the near future.

What source did you use for the furniture? The more I look at that, the more I want to put some on L'il Ugly to make it L'il Less Ugly. BTW- I really like your choice of back drop, being a former jarhead myself.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Who made the lower  and the scope mount on yours Darkstar?
Pics look good FB41 glad I could help out.
Nice rifles guys thanks for putting them up here.
Hopefully we can get a few pages out of it.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Who made the lower  and the scope mount on yours Darkstar?

Suppose I could have posted some specs on this here beastie...

The lower is a ArmaLite <not Eagle Arms> lower I had laying around I bought new in '98, the stock is an RRA entry stock with a Bushmaster/Choate buttplate extension and DD Burnsed loop running a Colt tungsten 5.5 oz buffer and Wolff springs, the rail is a RRA scout rail, the rings are Warne, and the scope is a Leupold M8 4x33.... She's running great but I'm still going to experiment with heavier buffers and carriers.  CavArms is working on an 8 ounce buffer and there's also the Tubb's CWS system which can add 1.54 to 4.05 ounces to the carrier...

www.zediker.com/tubb/images/speedlock/slscws2.html

I was really disappointed however... I'd hoped the 'Rock River Arms' billboard on the side of the scout rail would have been a bit BIGGER...  The next time I'm refinishing with Duracoat I know of a certain scout rail that's going to get refinished...

edited for link...

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#46]

Suppose I could have posted some specs on this here beastie... he
I bought my 5.5 buffer at a gun show and haven't seen the dude I bought it from since. I'm starting to collect the goodies for a new gun and I want another 5.5 buffer. The wolff springs and trigger stuff I can find... the tungsten buffers are elusive.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I bought my 5.5 buffer at a gun show and haven't seen the dude I bought it from since. I'm starting to collect the goodies for a new gun and I want another 5.5 buffer. The wolff springs and trigger stuff I can find... the tungsten buffers are elusive.

I use 5.5oz DPMS buffers from Brownells www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5574&title=CAR-15+COUNTERWEIGHT+BUFFER

Dealer price on these is $25, so if you have a buddy with a C&R, have him get it for you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Griz, It says that buffer is for collapsible stocks only. Is that accurate info? Why wouldn;t it work on a regular stock?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Looks good mad, just need to get rid of that airgun sight now.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Griz, It says that buffer is for collapsible stocks only. Is that accurate info? Why wouldn;t it work on a regular stock?

My bad.  I had telestocks on the brain.  Sorry    

It might let the gas key strike the buffer tube... which would end up breaking your lower receiver.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top