Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/27/2002 12:08:19 PM EDT
New Thread same dilemma.

Alright, I've been listening to you guys and after having wasted (enjoyed) the day surfing the web I think that I may be better off with a straight 10X.  The optics under the same budjet are bound to be far superior, the scope will no doubt be more durable and frankly I expect that I am unlikely to be zooming in or out with a variable that often.

Am I on the right path?

Do I go IOR, scour the web for a cheaper Luepold MIV, or do I dare I speak it (US optics) or is there further searching?????????
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 Mk4's they are [b]great[/b] scopes.  $825 is a good price used.  The IOR's are quality+ at least the one I have seems to be, I'll let the more experienced IOR users chime in there.

The US Optics are great, but they may be a little hefty on the price tag, also not real sure the availability is "right now".  For $900 you can get a Schmidt & Bender 10x42mm scope from SWFA.

Or get a Weaver GS or a Bushnell 4200 and leave it at 10x all day.

I like the fixed 10 power scopes I've had, Tasco SS, Leupold Mk4 Duplex and Leupold Mk4 Mildot.  They get it done 100yards and out.

Just depends on what you like.

Ed    
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#2]
As Ed knows I like the IOR's    

HOWEVER, the 10x56 is Huge...about the size and weight of a Louisville Slugger(joke).

It is a serious piece of HW.  I don't much care about the size or weight as it sits on an AR10 w/a Harris up front and an Accu-Pod (monopod) rear.

There is a smaller IOR I'm considering for my next scope purchase...
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Anti, in case you did not see it, I posted details on your other thread.  Go with the USO, you will never be sorry.  Call them and check on the availability of the ST-10.  Shoot me an email if you need further information.  I have the current catalogue.

Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Fox

Saw your earlier and in fact called USO today, but no answer, guess they have a low key work week [:)]  Didn't see specs for the st-10 though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Guess I have to do everything: [:)]   [beer]

[url]http://www.snipershide.com/optics/uso/st_10.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#6]
DMCI:  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:01:49 AM EDT
[#7]
AntiCrime,

Here's something else to think about.  I spoke with SWFA last week and found out prices are headed up again real soon, although probably not too much on the Leupolds like the 3.5-10X M-1 MilDot that I am looking at for about $750.  Donnie at SableCo has the illuminated duplex version for $625, although they are sold out of illuminated MilDot version.  I thought the variable might come in handy if you were taking aim at a running cayote and needed the wilder field of view.  Good shooting!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out this 10x Hensoldt. Got one on my 91.
Awesome piece of glass. Chuck is a great guy to
deal with.

[url]http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=58743[/url]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#9]
A little more on the ST-10, here is a review of same done by one of the guys at snipershide.

He had a lot of fun doing it and it is here at the following link:

[url]http://www.snipershide.com/optics/usost10.html[/url]

Incidentally, Lowlight@snipershide is friends with the owner of USO and can get you a discount if you order it through him.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top