User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 87
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bhavin22:

I ended up just ordering the EZTUNE mix car.
That’s what they recommend for 50/50 use.
Thanks
View Quote

That’s works, if possible can you measure the size of the gas tube hole? I’m Curious what size they recommend for 50/50 use.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

That’s works, if possible can you measure the size of the gas tube hole? I’m Curious what size they recommend for 50/50 use.
View Quote

I’ll try to when it comes in.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Not a clone, but working on my "inspired by" upper.  Now if only I could find a Geissele ODG Gov charging handle, Colt ODG buffer tube, and ODG castle nut...
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 5:24:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vegas19D] [#4]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:
I hate to keep posting in this thread without having a complete build to show off, but this is my all time favorite clone build and something I'm piecing together. So...question:

It appears the only "in the wild" clone correct grips are A2 or Hogue. Not bad options but, without combing through 60+ pages, have we seen individual used Magpul or other variants?

Also: Magpul AFG2 seems to be pretty standard. Have we actually seen any other AFG or VFG on issued rifles? Either HRT, Regional, or Individual Officer? Magpul VFG, BCM stubby, KAC broomstick? Just curious.
View Quote

As previously mentioned, plenty of Ergo grips in circulation. AFG1 seems to be more common than AFG2, but both are common. The Grip Pod is also seen from time to time... This pic is interesting as it also shows a BE Meyers muzzle device instead of the SF suppressor mounts and A2s more frequently seen.

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Got some troys mounted up.

Link Posted: 12/26/2020 6:11:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kevblah] [#6]
DBAL-A3 finally showed up

i did rip the AFG off because i hate it with a passion

Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:20:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By kevblah:
DBAL-A3 finally showed up

i did rip the AFG off because i hate it with a passion

https://i.imgur.com/sVmqj2V.jpg
View Quote

So sick!
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Took the green boy out for some fresh air
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Got my stripped 6933 barrel today. Are you guys dimpling the barrel, drilling for pin, or nothing at all for the geissele gas block?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Got my stripped 6933 barrel today. Are you guys dimpling the barrel, drilling for pin, or nothing at all for the geissele gas block?
https://i.imgur.com/HeeNtWx.jpg
View Quote

I did the bombproof install. Used a drill press, was really surprised how hard the barrel metal was. Buy a good bit and use some oil, very easy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By CFDFFEMT:

I did the bombproof install. Used a drill press, was really surprised how hard the barrel metal was. Buy a good bit and use some oil, very easy.
View Quote

I’m to lazy to do the bombproof will probably just dimple it lol.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:54:24 AM EDT
[#12]
It’s not very clone correct but it is a work rifle.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Clone correct SWAT, clone "enhanced" SWAT, and clone "enhanced" Agent

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By YukonBoy03:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/153104/20201231_210525_jpg-1759509.JPG
View Quote

Looking at that top, more than just clone correct. Aka I spy an empty hole...
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been wanting to do one of these builds but can't find a green fed rail that I can afford
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#16]
The AT enhanced clone in force on force training mode

Link Posted: 1/2/2021 2:13:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: D1N0] [#17]
Nutro, What have they been going for?
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#18]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/153104/20201231_210525_jpg-1759509.JPG
View Quote

That’s a very nice trio!
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 12:10:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ed_Victory] [#19]
Originally Posted By D1N0:
View Quote

A few high rollers have been after them the last few pages.

Some of them often have sizable budgets, finding the parts is just tricky business. They’re free to place WTB ads if they wish.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:

Some of them often have sizable budgets, finding the parts is just tricky business. They’re free to place WTB ads if they wish.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ed_Victory:
Originally Posted By D1N0:

Currently, Gunbroker has listings for over $600.  A few months ago I bought a gray Gen 1 here in the EE for $385 and right after an OD Gen 2 popped up in a local Facebook group for $300...so I ended up with two Federal rails and one pissed wife
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#21]

That’s a very nice trio!
View Quote

Thanks, I think I am done for the time being.
I did just order an "HRT" mount so I might swap it out on the middle one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Thanks, I think I am done for the time being.
I did just order an "HRT" mount so I might swap it out on the middle one.
View Quote

That would be great but what would be better is use that and start a FDE hrt build
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:16:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bhavin22] [#23]
My brt gas tube came in today. I ended up getting the EZTUNE mix carbine. It’s supposed to be for both suppressed and Unsuppressed use. I don’t have a drill bit set so I eyeballed the gas port size and looks to be about .067
The stripped colt 6933 barrel looks to be about .074-.076
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#24]
i bought the Colt LE6933 commando barrel from apexgunparts

and im running it with an h2 buffer and milspec carbine spring

and it seems im overgassed as im ejecting at about 2 o clock or 230

may step it up to an h3 and see what happens
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:23:54 AM EDT
[#25]
My brt gas tube came in today. I ended up getting the EZTUNE mix carbine. It’s supposed to be for both suppressed and Unsuppressed use. I don’t have a drill bit set so I eyeballed the gas port size and looks to be about .067
https://i.imgur.com/83tIoDJ.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the info, looks like .067 is the preferred size.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:21:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urushiol] [#26]

View Quote

If you do try an H3, please report back. I am interested to see if that would be a better match for the LE6933.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I think I have an older dark OD Hogue overmolded grip from a C7 build.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#28]
https://i.imgur.com/83tIoDJ.jpg
View Quote

The gas tube measurement fits with BRT's recommendation to use their .065 gas block insert on the Colt 11.5" barrel, which is supposed to equate to a .067 port size (one size up from the insert) once installed. I posted about my gas block here after I got it back.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

From today’s protest in DC
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

You might want to look into the brt gas tube instead of the H3 to help reduce gas.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:55:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Ended up taking the 300 barrel out and installed the colt 6933 tonight.
Before

After (will be hosting a FDE Surefire RC now)
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Upgraded from a1 grip to an odg reptilia  
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:55:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Attachment Attached File

Is this the OD Hogue you are looking for?  Compared to a GI OD Blasting Cap Box on left, Foliage Green 504 Fastex on right, on top of a GI OG507 Patrol Cover (PC or Patrol Cap- Cap, Field, Cotton, M1951)   I don't have a particular attachment to it, I just liked the feel of the rubber coating, had it on a C7 clone.  Would horse trade it for an OD rubber MagPul Grip.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:23:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ironcross] [#34]
View Quote

Are they using Geissele CH's now?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Ironcross:

View Quote

Think it’s colt or black geissele government that are being used
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ironcross:

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:44:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#37]

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:44:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:36:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gdavis8] [#39]
For those looking for restricted gas tubes, I'm selling a couple BRT gas tubes I tested with. I'm offering them a a good discount. I have a .069" (.067" gas port equivalent) and a .067" (.065" gas port equivalent) available:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/x2-BRT-Custom-Sized-Gas-Tubes/159-2088970/
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:40:59 PM EDT
[#40]
DDC MK4 Federal rails in stock on Geissele website!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By gdavis8:
For those looking for restricted gas tubes, I'm selling a couple BRT gas tubes I tested with. I'm offering them a a good discount. I have a .069" (.067" gas port equivalent) and a .067" (.065" gas port equivalent) available:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/x2-BRT-Custom-Sized-Gas-Tubes/159-2088970/
View Quote

Wrong area
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#42]
So I have read thru the 66 pages. I would like to build a hrt upper, so what is exactly clone. A heavy barrel, blk fed gen 1 rail, od ctr stock, geissele gas block, spuhr hrt mount, blk goverment chargung handle. Thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By tamboi:
So I have read thru the 66 pages. I would like to build a hrt upper, so what is exactly clone. A heavy barrel, blk fed gen 1 rail, od ctr stock, geissele gas block, spuhr hrt mount, blk goverment chargung handle. Thanks for any advice.
View Quote

From my quoted post that was added to the original post:

HRT: DDC Mk4 handguard, 11.5" Colt HRT heavy barrel, Aimpoint T-2 on Spuhr mount (not sure about the stock), black or FDE(?) CTR or Colt stock

OD green is only for Regional SWAT rifles. I wasn't sure about the color of the CTR (whether FDE is in use).
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

HRT: DDC Mk4 handguard, 11.5" Colt HRT heavy barrel, Aimpoint T-2 on Spuhr mount (not sure about the stock), black or FDE(?) CTR or Colt stock

OD green is only for Regional SWAT rifles. I wasn't sure about the color of the CTR (whether FDE is in use).
View Quote

Oh really? I thought HRT was on the Troy rails.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Slu54:
Oh really? I thought HRT was on the Troy rails.
View Quote

I believe it's been known since this topic started that HRT was switching to the Geissele Mk4, but photos didn't show up here until 10 or 15 pages back. I think the Mk4 adoption was FBI-wide from the beginning, but I'm not that knowledgeable about the history.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:56:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slu54] [#46]

I believe it's been known since this topic started that HRT was switching to the Geissele Mk4, but photos didn't show up here until 10 or 15 pages back. I think the Mk4 adoption was FBI-wide from the beginning, but I'm not that knowledgeable about the history.
View Quote

Interesting. My rifle is I guess much closer to an HRT gun save the color, I guess I need to order a FDE Mk4. Is it still the 10" "FBI" rail? And what's the can, a FDE RC or a black mini?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Interesting. My rifle is I guess much closer to an HRT gun save the color, I guess I need to order a FDE Mk4. Is it still the 10" "FBI" rail? And what's the can, a FDE RC or a black mini?
View Quote

Just FYI, Geissele currently has the DDC MK4 in stock on their website.

https://geissele.com/10-super-modular-rail-mk4-federal-m-lok.html
(If links aren't allowed, let me know and I'll remove it. I believe Geissele is in good standing on this site though.)
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

3ACR_Scout thanks for the reply, so a black gen 1 05-430 would be correct with the Spuhr mount and T-2. A black government charging handle? or standard milspec. I have an od ctr stock but that can be changed easily enough as can the pistol grip. As for the buffer tube the anodized od green does look great with the od rail but again if its not correct, why.  Have a few other pieces that may or may not work.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#49]
You know looking back I can't tell what color this HRT rails are, the pics are too blurry. Are there clear ones?

It's too bad if it is DDC because I love the OD, who knows.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:44:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#50]
View All Quotes

Yes, all the FBI variants use different colors of the 10" Mk4 Federal rail. I'm not sure about suppressors. They've come up a couple times, but since they seem to be used only by HRT members, and photos of them are hard to come by, I don't recall what's been posted about them. I believe they use Surefire adapters and suppressors, but that's about all I remember.

3ACR_Scout thanks for the reply, so a black gen 1 05-430 would be correct with the Spuhr mount and T-2. A black government charging handle? or standard milspec. I have an od ctr stock but that can be changed easily enough as can the pistol grip. As for the buffer tube the anodized od green does look great with the od rail but again if its not correct, why.  Have a few other pieces that may or may not work.

Black is used by regular field agents, and they don't use the Spuhr mounts, from what I've seen here. The FBI approved the Sig Romeo 4 for field agents, along with Aimpoint H1, H2, T1, and T2 models (here's a reference article). Non-HRT (SWAT and field agents) use Daniel Defense Aimpoint micro mounts.

The colors and associated accessory variations are broken down in the first post. ARogueNinja, the original author of this topic, was good enough to paste the info in there that I compiled from various people in this thread, including a couple FBI agents. You have to expand the quote under my username at the bottom of the original post to see this list:

HRT: DDC Mk4 handguard, 11.5" Colt HRT heavy barrel, Aimpoint T-2 on Spuhr mount, (not sure about the stock) black or FDE(?) CTR or Colt stock

Regional SWAT: OD Green Mk4 handguard, 11.5" Colt LE6933 government profile barrel, Aimpoint T-2 on Daniel Defense mount, OD green CTR or Colt stock

Vehicle Teams: Grey Mk4 handguard, 11.5" Colt LE6933 government profile barrel, Sig Romeo, FAB Defense PTK AFG, Maxim Defense collapsible stock

Field Agent: Black Mk4 handguard, 11.5" Colt LE6933 government profile barrel, Aimpoint T-2 on Daniel Defense mount or Sig Romeo, black CTR or Colt stock

You know looking back I can't tell what color this HRT rails are, the pics are too blurry. Are there clear ones?

It's too bad if it is DDC because I love the OD, who knows.

Several FBI members have confirmed here that HRT is using the DDC rail, but pictures are scarce. I'm not sure which page in this topic had the photos of HRT members with Mk4 rails. I've looked for them a couple times but got tired of paging through this long topic.
Page / 87
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top