Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/11/2006 4:08:54 PM EDT
So which of the 30 rounders is really best? THere are several different choices...teflon or no? Black or gray? CS springs or regular?

One are the memberships thoughts on the best? I am leaning toward 30 rounder, grayteflon, gray magpul follower.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You probably won't go wrong with what you're leaning towards.  All of the mags listed over at 44mag are good, mil-spec mags so whatever you choose will be at the very least "good"...  There are a couple dealers here with SHOT specials that are a little cheaper, but 44mag has a great price and great customer service...

TS
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
your leaning in the right direction I just got 6ea grey teflon with the grey gen2 magpull followers and they work great, next week I will order 4 more for spares,you will like them for sure  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
you can';t go wrong with any of the mags they sell, they're all great.  I just bought a couple D&H dry film with gen 2 followers but alot of people like the teflon better, I just prefer the dry film
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered 6 of the C Products mags with CS springs and MagPul followers. I will let you know when they arrive(should be tommorrow)
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the black teflon, but that's just me. It matches my gun better. If you had a lighter colored Colt, the grey might be a better option.

I do like the Magpul Gen 2 followers; all my mags will have them soon.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered 4 20 round mags from 44mag.com (online) on thursday, I called friday to talk to a rep. No one answered the phone all day (friday) are they closed on that day?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Me and some folks at work did a group buy on the 30 Grey Teflon w/ the Brown Magpull followers just befor X-mas.  Nice mags, mine required a very slight tweak to the magazine lips and I took a stone and broke the front edge (cartridges were hanging up on the case mouth) work great now.

We would have gone with the black teflon but 44mag was out of stock at the time.

Any feedback on the 20 rounders?  I was thinking of picking up a few, having a bit of a hard time getting over the bent, rather than straight shape in a 20.  I generally prefer 20's for shooting prone.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:25:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I ordered 4 20 round mags from 44mag.com (online) on thursday, I called friday to talk to a rep. No one answered the phone all day (friday) are they closed on that day?

Either at the shotshow, or they abscounded with all the pyramid scheme money flowing in.
You decide which.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Is the teflon refering to the exterior texture of the magazine?  I've never liked the feel of mags that have a rough exterior coating to them.   Does the teflon then allow for a smooth exterior finish?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Is the teflon refering to the exterior texture of the magazine?  I've never liked the feel of mags that have a rough exterior coating to them.   Does the teflon then allow for a smooth exterior finish?

The finish inside and out is much smoother.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top