I just bought a brand new OTAL Class 1 IR laser. I already own a LDI AR2A and a PVS14.
1. I tested the laser power on an optical power meter. It has an output of 95uW.
2. The unit is built like a tank.
3. I especially like the feature that allows you to lock out the laser, turn it constant on, or allow use of the pressure pad.
4. It can easily be used out to 100 yards. I have not tested it farther yet.
5. For in house CQB, I would not want the laser to be more powerful. Indoors the spot is bright. But, not too bright.
I did notice something about the pressure pad. There is a slight delay from when you activate the pad until the beam appears. It is only a half second or so. But, the delay is there. My AR2A pad gives instant activation. Is a slight delay on the pad normal for the OTAL devices?