Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/9/2006 3:16:28 PM EDT
I want to restart from zero on my Aimpoint and Tacpoint on re-zeroing them. Have been taking them off my uppers to case the guns for range trips (I know, get a correct sized case or split the upper from the lower, etc,etc, feeling pretty stupid about that), and my zero is wacked on both sights.

Don't have the manual for my Aimpoint or Tacpoint, anyone got a link or how to for a way to reset to factory and then get a good zero w/ optics?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:22:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2006 3:25:24 PM EDT by npd233]
Take the windage and elevation screws all the way to one extreme, then, count the number of clicks it takes to take it all the way back the opposite direction. Divide the total by two and turn it back that many clicks. you're back at zero for the scope itself. You really only need to do this if you've been turning the dials on your scope and don't know where they are set any longer.

As for just re-zeroing them on your rifle... if you have them co-witnessed w/ iron sights, just adjust w/e to get the red dot to sit right at the top of your front sight when you are viewing the correct sight picture. A few shots to confirm the zero should do confirm it. if not, just adjust it from there as you would any other scope.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:24:36 AM EDT
Thanks partner...
Top Top