Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 9:46:48 AM EDT
The Ban is Dead OK Hot Damn. Now get ready for the bull shit.
If anybody dies from tuesday on it will be becuase of an evil ASSAULT WEAPON hePeople (Ignorant People at that) will begin to actually belive that these evil Assault Weapons are the only cause of all crime.
You guys think the time the before the ban was full of BULL, wait untill the ban expires and the only thing they can do is CRY and WHINE AND BITCH AND MOAN and LIE .
It will be every night, that the Nightly News shows will be telling of the violence in the streets people dying left and right. Even if its a Ruger 10/22 if the guy used a magazine that held 30 rounds it will be called an assault weapon. Heck even if it held 12 or 13 it will be an assault weapon.

ITS GONNA GET EVEN WORSE. And when the next ban comes along it will be EVEN WORSE!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone ever seen "The Life of David Gale"?  How long before the anti-gun nutjobs start taking this sort of approach to get their goals realized?  Scary...
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#3]
How do you think I feel?! I work IN the media...(covering head)
I'm a director for a backwater TV station and lover of all things loud & fun.

So I am trying to do my part to make sure that our station accurately depicts any given story.
I can't do too much about the Network stories, not produced by us...(there's always the Black Buttonhnical
I believe each side of ANY issue deserves equal time. Most newsies are just looking for compelling video, which makes you watch, which brings advertisers, which brings $$$ (wish I saw some of it!)   Doesn't need to be right, just needs to be interesting...it sucks.

Just lettin' you know there's at least one out there looking out for you!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#4]
It would help if people wouldn't do stupid shit like this:

www.stopthenra.com/
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#5]
The news media will be filled with stories about the end of the ban all day Monday and most will be
full of misinformation.
They are going to discuss it tomorrow on the Fox News show Dayside, 1:00pmET ,
here is the scoop from the host Linda Vester

"On another matter, Monday is when the assault weapons ban expires here in the U.S. It simply doesn't have the votes in Congress to renew it. Why?

Please chime in on both of these stories and I'll put as many of your e-mails on the air as I can. The address is: [email protected] "

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132079,00.html

We need to make sure she has some good informative emails so the show isn't filled with the same
misinformation as the rest of the news.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#6]
been thinking bout this too
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

www.stopthenra.com/

The background music is almost the old Soviet Union natinal anthem, well sort of.  I can't beleive these people.  Personally I think their GD proda and gucci hand bags are the problem!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How do you think I feel?! I work IN the media...(covering head)
I'm a director for a backwater TV station and lover of all things loud & fun.

So I am trying to do my part to make sure that our station accurately depicts any given story.
I can't do too much about the Network stories, not produced by us...(there's always the Black Button  "Sorry Boss, it went to black! Must be technical difficulties!")

I believe each side of ANY issue deserves equal time. Most newsies are just looking for compelling video, which makes you watch, which brings advertisers, which brings $$$ (wish I saw some of it!)   Doesn't need to be right, just needs to be interesting...it sucks.

Just lettin' you know there's at least one out there looking out for you!

Welcome to the site GhostRing
It's good to know some in the media are on our side
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome GhostRing, and thanks for being OBJECTIVE!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks!
 I'm trying...everyone is entitled to a bit o' free speech now and then.
I just get to decide how much! shhhh.

oh yeah, doesn't that poster tell eveyone that you can get stuff ON the 13?!
so if there was any confusion, the anti's just cleared it up for us!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

www.stopthenra.com/

Send them mail.  Ask for their sources for their "facts".  Send it often!  Give them the real facts and sources!  I went to the site and I feel much better now that I have sent that one pissed off, but polite, e-mail.

Sarge

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#13]
It has started allready. Here in So. Fl., the news report of an officer [female, sherrifs dept. I think] was fired on after a stop. First time I have heard '....by an assult type weapon' in memory. Fact.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#14]
****@gmail.com to [email protected]
Subject: Assault weapons ban sunset.

We win this round. I look forward to laughing at all the humorous lies
you are sure to cook up for your next campaign.

-Eric (NRA member, soon to be lifetime after this recent victory)

PS: My new AR-15 is really fun, thanks for providing me with the
motivation to buy it sooner rather than later. My good friend who is
also a police officer is also a big fan of shooting it when we go to
the range.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.stopthenra.com/

Send them mail.  Ask for their sources for their "facts".  Send it often!  Give them the real facts and sources!  I went to the site and I feel much better now that I have sent that one pissed off, but polite, e-mail.

Sarge

Great idea - this was fun!HereHello,
This is my first visit to your website. I found it by doing research on the “assault weapons” ban. Most of my research has been through ATF and other gov related  sites. I could not help but notice that most of the information I found here, is false. This leads me to believe that the person(s) who wrote this was lying or completely misinformed. There is no excuse for either. Your writers should at least read Public Law 103-322, which can be found at http://www.atf.gov/. If I may, I would also suggest replacing the Soviet Union’s
national anthem which plays on your homepage.

Best Regards
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#16]
E-mail to these fucktards:    

"You guys need to stop this BS propaganda and start working with logic. Criminals don't give a flying shit about your worthless "Assault ban" they are going to get them one way or the other. You just trample the rights of honest citizens who do obey the law. That must make you feel real good!

Show me were you get these "so called statistics" of how destructive these guns are and how often they are used in crime.

Until then you are just trying to brainwash the sheep of society do you dirty work for you. So quit wasting my time.

J.T"
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Those statistics on that "stopthenra.com sight are lame.  With only those stats on American Assault Weapons, they might as well try to throw a ban on alcohol since that kills more.  Meanwhile, several are murdered each day with a fully legitimate Glock.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#18]
another few days of listening to this blather and I'll wish they extended the ban so they would shut up...

the next ban will be a doozy,  there will be preban and airsoft...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Speaking of media B.S....

I went to my favorite gun shop this afternoon and the guys there said that since the 13th, they have received LOTS of calls asking "can you convert my _____ to full-auto", or "what would it take to make my _____ full-auto?"  When they told said callers that the ban on full-auto was a different ban they were asking why they saw the AK-47's and the L.A. shootout on TV, or why did the news mention machine guns?

Never underestimate the power of stupidity!  

Thanks un-biased media!

Edit: clarity
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Off topic.   http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=201006&page=1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top