Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/25/2004 2:35:34 PM EST
I tried fitting an upper (J&T) I had (installed on an eagle lower) and it was a very tight fit, in fact, I could not get the rear pin in all the way. I really do not like to force anything, especially with the nylon lower. The lower receiver pin holes are slightly further apart. The J&T upper fits the eagle lower perfectly.

Has any one else had this problem with an Cav Arms lower? Is there a suggested fix? Cav Arms does not offer any help at all on their website nor do they furnish instructions of any help with the lower.

I want to fit the J&T light barrel carbine kit to the lower to get a really light AR. Any suggestions from the gallery?

Thanks in advance for the comments and help, John McP
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:01:22 PM EST
My J&T upper fits on my Cav MKII lower. The pins are tight, but it does fit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:35:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/25/2004 5:09:49 PM EST by SailorDude]
The guys at Cav Arms recommend (I'm not making this up) driving the pins in with a soft-faced mallet. When they first told me this (standing face to face) I said "Are you sure?". They responded "Yes we are.".

Remember; if you screw up that receiver for any cause that does not involve a thermonuclear device, they will give you a new one.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:23:02 PM EST
I have both Colt's and LMT uppers and they all fit nice and tight on my CAV Arms MkII lower. I must have strong thumbs though as I don't need a hammer to push the pins in.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:25:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By SailorDude:
The guys at Cav Arms recommend (I'm not making this up) driving the pins in with a soft-faced mallet. When they first told me this (standing face to face) I said "Are you sure?". They responded "Yes we are.".

Remember; if you screw up that receiver for any cause that does not involve a thermonuclear device, they will give you a new one.

Luck,

SD

And if it does involve a nuke, they only charge you $30 for a new one!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:02:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/25/2004 9:06:18 PM EST by Kaliburz]
Yup, just push them in.

edit-
Look at it this way.... you won't need an accu-wedge...
Top Top