Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2005 6:21:37 PM EDT
Alrighty, folks, with your helping hands, I have ordered a Mega Machine Shop lower through Warren at Ameetech, and an upper as well. I have ordered a lower parts kit made by CMT and an ARFX stock, tube, buffer, and spring through Del-Ton; all I have  left is the barrel, front sight/gas block choice, handguards/rail, and rear-sight (upper's a flatty).

I figure on getting a shooting gun before I stick a high-dollar trigger in there; the lower parts ordered individually without trigger/disconn and pins were the same price as a complete lower kit.

I may do handguards and stick a picatinny rail on the bottom - but what I want is a free-float arrangement, since I have decided to go with the 16" M4 barrel.

You may find me back here if, for some reason, I can't "do the math" on the assembly.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Let us know how it all goes, smooth or not...

And, have fun.

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Roger that, although I must confess that to screw it up when I have this compendium of knowledge available to me would be nearly an act of criminal stupidity.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll be happy with your Mega. I like mine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 8:47:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Its Ameetec...

Congrats on your build i respect the fact that your putting it all together yourself not just buying an upper and ploppin it on

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Samsong-

I finally gave up on Carricoz too as I couldn't get in touch with anyone for two weeks.  Today ordered the Mega lower from Ameetec.  Going to pickup a lower parts kit at the Crossroads gunshow tomorrow.  My plan is to complete the lower and go from there.  

Good luck with the build!!!

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Its Ameetec...

Congrats on your build i respect the fact that your putting it all together yourself not just buying an upper and ploppin it on

Thanks for the respect! I figure that I can learn what makes these rifles tick, and can avoid unnecessary gunsmith charges when it misbehaves.

I look forward to doing the barrel!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Samsong-

I finally gave up on Carricoz too as I couldn't get in touch with anyone for two weeks.  Today ordered the Mega lower from Ameetec.  Going to pickup a lower parts kit at the Crossroads gunshow tomorrow.  My plan is to complete the lower and go from there.  

Good luck with the build!!!

That's pretty cool! I'll be at the crossroads with my buddy Steve, and may be bringing along my boss. Just think, our paths will likely cross tomorrow! Since I'm headed off for work shortly after, I'l be wearing a starched white shirt. I'm 40, graying temples, Greek-American and look it, and thin at 5'10". If you see me, give me a holler!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top