Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2005 3:48:27 AM EDT
OK, lets see........ I have a M4gery with a A3 flat-top, and also a A1 XM607 retro (civilian) copy. Do you get what I am trying to say??? I want a rifle/carbine for every series of upper, so now I am on to getting a A2 developed. I currently own two carbines and a almost complete pistol, do you think I need to make a rifle? I am thinking (not chosen yet) on maybe a A2 upper with a A2 stock and 20" BBL with M4 rifle length HG's, and to top it off, a A2 FH. Ha, go figure everything A2. I said a M4 rifle length HG's, what is the USGI A2 style HG's did they use? any ideas on my next build would greatly be appriciated but I would like to stick to the A2 theme.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:10:12 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
OK, lets see........ I have a M4gery with a A3 flat-top, and also a A1 XM607 retro (civilian) copy. Do you get what I am trying to say??? I want a rifle/carbine for every series of upper, so now I am on to getting a A2 developed. I currently own two carbines and a almost complete pistol, do you think I need to make a rifle? I am thinking (not chosen yet) on maybe a A2 upper with a A2 stock and 20" BBL with M4 rifle length HG's, and to top it off, a A2 FH. Ha, go figure everything A2. I said a M4 rifle length HG's, what is the USGI A2 style HG's did they use? any ideas on my next build would greatly be appriciated but I would like to stick to the A2 theme.

Build a mid-length A2 or a full-size.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:26:37 AM EDT
[#2]
can someone post a pic of a A2 rifle? A2 .......... the whole works.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:51:59 AM EDT
[#3]
here is mine

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:59:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
here is mine

snafu.altervista.org/poli2.JPG
snafu.altervista.org/HPIM1271.JPG

Frens,
Concerning it not having a flash hider or bayonet lug, is that by choice?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Donate the money to the disaster relief.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
here is mine

Frens,

it doesn't have a FH and bayo lug only because I bought this Colt during AWB
but I'm going to thread the barrel as soon as possible
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:21:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
here is mine

Frens,

it doesn't have a FH and bayo lug only because I bought this Colt during AWB
but I'm going to thread the barrel as soon as possible

I understand then, its OK where you live to have those features... Thanks for the reply
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:36:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Make this...

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:12:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Here is my thought, for whatever its worth.  CDNN has the M16A1 uppers, and to own a piece of history, and some of the last real military weapon parts you will EVER be able to legally own, makes me lean towards building the A2 a little later.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll second gmtmaster:

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#11]

How about a Colt M16A2 clone like mine.

All Colt components except Les Baer grip and IDF sling.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Make this...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/gmtmaster/Picture117.jpg

Damn people in their free states showing off their SBR's.
I need to move.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
can someone post a pic of a A2 rifle? A2 .......... the whole works.

It's a DPMS DCM rifle, but it looks like an A2 (if you ignore the stainless bbl).  If I were you, I would get just a stock A2 (skinny under the handguards and everything - they just feel and balance right.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top