And don't forget Harris.

Oh yea, how could I forget Harris?
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 8:10:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#6]
What about the new GG&G "silent" bipod?!  Looks interesting!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, Lucy didn't splain herself bery wel. I should have said aside from Harry. Yes the GG&G one is very interseting looking but twice the price $$$ of most all others. But Looks like it could be worth it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#8]
How about posting some links and pics with the bipods you're discussing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats the whole point of this thread to see what is out there that I may have missed and so people can see all options.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
... the GG&G one is very interseting looking but twice the price $$$ of most all others. But Looks like it could be worth it.

To be fair, I believe the GG&G bipod has a quick detach feature and can mount on a railed handguard.  A comparable setup using a Harris and ARMS mount would be almost the same price.  I'm not saying the GG&G is better, just saying one reason it costs more.
Link Posted: 3/20/2005 3:53:21 AM EDT
[#11]
i have the GG&G standard tactical bipod (non-swivel) and a Harris bipod..i prefer the GG&G without a doubt..GG&G has a built-in thumb screw tightened pic rail attachment, swivels down into position by pressing levers on each leg and legs extend with another thumb screw..all these adjustments can be made without any sound, unlike Harris which 'twangs' when it is pivoted into position or it's legs are extended
YMMV
Link Posted: 3/20/2005 6:31:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Tango Down's entry...

/S2
Link Posted: 3/20/2005 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got a Caldwell.
Link Posted: 3/23/2005 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#14]
TDI also makes one. I haven't heard if it's good or bad yet, but it runs around the same price as a good harris.
Link Posted: 3/23/2005 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Ok, now that I got that out of my system...

www.tonydieboldbipods.com/
cranky farmer
eGay
versapod
gate-operators
accu-shot
muley-pod
gun accessories
TDI *first place that came up on a search with this one... doesn't mean I'm supporting buying from them.
GG&G

I can't seem to find this one, but I know I have seen this... a VFG that has a tri-pod built into it that "stows" away in the grip whne not being used. Looked pretty doofy, but I can't find it on Google.
Link Posted: 4/14/2005 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Parker Hale made one in steel and a lightweight model in aluminium. Versapod are copies of the PH. Parker Hale is, I believe, no longer but a company called John Rothery has a lot of their stock. However, the PH bipod is pricey! I use a Versapod with an ARMS no 42 mount (which you wont find on the ARMS site-cost $95.95) and prefer it to the Harris. I think though it's just a matter of whatever suits the individual. Thanks. Keith
Link Posted: 4/15/2005 1:44:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

...I can't seem to find this one, but I know I have seen this... a VFG that has a tri-pod built into it that "stows" away in the grip whne not being used...

I saw this very item at Blackwater a couple of weeks ago, but it had a bi-pod, not a tri-pod. My instructor had one and I am in the process of getting the info from him. I'll report back when successful...
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#18]

a VFG that has a tri-pod built into it that "stows" away in the grip whne not being used

Anyone ever figure out what that was?

-skuld
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Was it the "Grip pod"?  I checked out the web site, even sent an e-mail but I haven't heard anything back.  It seems like a pretty slick deal, do any of you guys know who sells them?

Grip Pod
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:24:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Griopod Dealer

titleII is a great great guy to deal with.  i got to shoot and play witha  gripod sample.  very cool
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 10:47:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Was it the "Grip pod"?
Grip Pod

No, it wasn't that... the thing I'm thinking of was WAY cheap looking.

Selected for the SCAR... oooo. HOLY CRAP!! That means when the word gets out about this on AR15.com everyone will be buying them up. It's a sure-seller.

That thing looks pretty sharp. Add it to my wishlist. If they could somehow make an M900 that had the bi-pod thingy it would be the coolest thing ever.

The price is a little scary though... for a VFG that's a lot IMHO.

Seriously, that's pretty neat, but I'd like to see how it "works". How do the legs come out?
Are the legs spring-loaded? Says it deploys instantly at the push of a buttone so I assume it is. How do they go back up into the VFG?
Do they rattle?

Thanks for finding those and posting them.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 7:19:37 AM EDT
[#22]
They revamped the site, but before they had a little video that showed the thing working, there is a switch on the upper right where it attaches to the rail.  From what I saw it looked like you just flipped that and the legs popped straight down then separated to form your bipod.  To restow the legs you just pulled them together then pushed then up into the grip.  Couldn't comment on if it rattled, but I wuold guess that keeping it quite was pretty high on the list for the .Mil folks.

I wonder if the polymer version will be any less expensive...
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 8:03:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Right click and "save target as"
www.title2.com/Gpod.MOV

Sorry for the poor video and lighting. I just made this.

Price is not negotiable. The Grippod is expensive to produce.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#24]
I ended up getting the TDI bipod on sale for $75. I returned the first one because one of the legs drooped in the closed position.They are nice but they do wiggle a bit compared to Harry and are Heavier.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I ordered the GG&G standard bipod last weekend because it seemed well put-together, could mount on a rail out of the box and because it was on sale for $139.99. I'll post again when it arrives with my impressions of it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#26]
I was going to order one of those to check it out and sell it if I didn't like it. But  they were $150
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I was going to order one of those to check it out and sell it if I didn't like it. But  they were $150

It still appears to be on special at 139.95
gggaz.com/products/specials.php

I got mine in the mail today, and I love it. It seems like a very well engineered product with a very precise feel to it. The legs deploy silently, and lock in both the up and down position. It is designed to mount on a standard rail, and has a thumbscrew to lock it in place. The legs have thumbscrews to adjust their height and require little force on the thumbscrews to secure them. It weighs 11 ounces and change, and feels very solid. I will post pictures of it shortly installed on my Bushmaster .308.

In summary - I'm very pleased.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I've got pics posted of the GG&G bipod in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:32:45 AM EDT
[#29]
How much does it weigh?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
How much does it weigh?

11 ounces and change
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top