Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 8:46:34 PM EDT
I finished building my Car15, Bushy upper CAMMG Lower, Holo-thingie, 3 way rail that mounts at Front sight, thumb Actived Light, where I do not have to hold it on, grip actived Laser, do not want it on all the time, and ARMS40 BUIS. Now my question is, how do you guys that use a grip actived Laser run your wire? I used 2 black rubber bands, and a square of velco, but really not happy with that. Feels like it could work lose. Anybody have a better way? Here's my photos.....

http://images.andale.com/f2/123/116/6952293/1126324174218_AR1.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/123/116/6952293/1124646117093_AR3.jpg

http://images.andale.com/f2/123/116/6952293/1125891047744_ar5.JPG  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I've actually never really seen it mounted like yours before.  Most people just mount the pad on the handguard where they can activate it with their off hand.  Since you use your thumb for the light, maybe place it on the ejection port side where you can turn it on with your finger tips.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#2]
you need a groove in the barrel to make it a M4.

nice looking anyways, hope it serves you right.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Definately gonna get that snagged on something .

Get a VFG and relocate the pressure pad switch there.  Place your light on the otherside so your thumb can activate the light.

To do this, you may want to consider the YHM 2-Pc 4-rail handguards.  They have mounting rails on all four sides.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I put mine on the VFG and put the cable thru wire loom for protection.it is the stuff that you get from an automotive store to cover tube and hoses.it comes in colors of course I used black.then I used bicycle innertube cut into 1/4 inch strips to hold to the VFG and to secure the cable to the rail I got a velcro strip that was 4-6 inches long and wrapped that around the rail and all is very tight closely mounted snag free and protective.if you suggest a host site In the am I will post a pic and show you.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:06:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thanks. I'm still not happy with it. I want to redo the laser switch. I'm going to buy a flat wire type if anybody where I can find it or, I'm going to replace the wire myself with a flat wire that I can run better. I might run it inside the handguards. I want to keep the laser under the barrel, where it will be on the same axis. That way, no matter the distance, it will still be in line with the bore. I have the tac light done on a thumb switch where it will stay on after I turn it on. I want to use my grip hand to operate the laser. That way if I need to use my left hand to do anything I can, move something, open door or whatever, and still be able to fuction.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:14:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

JosephR is gonna be here in 3....2.....1....

ETA: Very nice carbine, tankdriver. I usually see laser switches mounted on the handguards though...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:17:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

JosephR is gonna be here in 3....2.....1....

hes

I looked at the rail hand guards and used some, just did not like the feel, or felt I need that much. Even my little 3 rail block has one empty rail, with no plans to use it. The reason I wanted the switch on the grip is to be able to use my left hand for whatever reason I want and still have control of the laser. If it is on the handguard, and I need to open a door, or if in a situaition like NO move something, I may not be able to use the laser. Every bad boy knows what the little red dot on their chect means..... hat
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top