Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2003 7:35:04 AM EDT
Prevailing opinion here seems to be the Aimpoint - how about the OKO or C-More, which don't have tubes?

How would you mount on a M4 - on Handle or flat top?  Can anyone share pictures of either?
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:42:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a matter of opinion i guess.I've got a c-more railway and ive used aimpoints.I can tell ya that the cmore Does have paralax and the aimpoint doesnt.I like the idea of the holo better than the tube.Igot the c-more caus it was cheap (read-FREE LOL)but i belive i will get an aimpiont when the funds come available. UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Aimpoint M2 is the best of the ones you mentioned.

If you're on a tight budget - then the OKO is a decent sight - MUCH better IMHO than the C-More.

OKO is a better implementation of the C-More.  Its easier to change batteries and its easier to sight in (simple positive clicks).  As a bonus you can also get a steel sheild for the OKO to improve its durability.  Cav-Arms seems to have all the cool mounts for the OKO if you are interested (i.e. a gooseneck for carryhandled ARs, and a steel sheilded quick-release flattop mount).
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like the OKO. They work well and are cost effective. I have them on a coupleof rifles.

[img]http://www.supercharger.net/private/lwar.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a C-More "tactical", man what a pain in the ass to sight the SOB in.  It does look good on an A3 receiver but that's about it, if I was gonna pose for gun magazines it'd be a good choice, otherwise don't blow a vein trying to get the thing zeroed [:)]  The C-More is expensive too, for the money I wish I bought an Aimpoint but I was lured by its good looks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 10:08:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Try an EOTech.  It is parallax-free like the Aimpoint, but doesn't have that "looking through a tube" feel.  It also is easy to zero.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the ATN optical sight on my M4. Similar to the OKO.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top