Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2003 2:17:51 PM EDT
I'm looking for a red dot for my rifle, and don't want to spend $300 for a sight.  I was wondering if anyone has compared the Hakko verse the OKO.  I've read quite a few good reviews on the OKO, but I haven't seen much on the Hakko, especially as far as durability and co-witnessing on a flattop.  They both are about the same price, so I was just wondering which one is better.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't used the Hakko, but I did check one out at a gun show recently and they felt cheap - OKO's are great for the money - talk to Cory at Adrenaline Arms - he has them for a good price and knows a lot about them...

[email][email protected][/email]

Link Posted: 7/27/2003 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I just yesterday put a Hakko Panorama MkIII on one of my HBARS. SO, I can't speak of durabilty yet but I am pleased with the sight itself.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me know how it performs after you get a chance to shoot with it mounted.  Also, can you co-witness your iron sights with it on, or do you have it mounted on your carry handle?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#4]
No, it is monted on the flattop. I have ordered a rear but it has not arrived yet. I should be getting some range time this Sunday or Monday.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I have had a Hakko for about 3 years on a Cobray M11/9mm. No problems at all. Thousands of rounds on semi/full. I have also used it on my AR but the mount I have for it does not allow it to sit far forward enough, so the Irons give a faster target. I got to get a scout rail!

Samuel
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info.  From what I've heard, Hakko makes some good optics.  Now I'll just have to do some checking on prices.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top