Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 11:32:38 AM EST
Which one is more user friendly and do you use frt and rear sight with these Thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:46:46 PM EST
Eotech. Mount it flat top with the back up iron sight (BUIS) of your choice.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:42:51 AM EST
Yeah, the EoTech is a far superior piece of equipment.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:07:21 AM EST
The EOTech is well worth the additional money. If you're on a budget, you may also want to consider the Bushnell Holosight. It's the same as the EOTech with a different reticle and no aluminum shield.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:50:20 AM EST

Originally Posted By Kreutzberg:
Yeah, the EoTech is a far superior piece of equipment.

Ditto on that.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:48:51 AM EST
While I would agree that the Eotech is the superior optic, don't count the OKO out for abudget-minded optic. I had one mounted directly to the flattop and it worked fine. It got banged around, I had it out in the snow where it got pretty wet, etc. Little bugger just kept on going
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:39:42 PM EST
To answer your second question, you do not have to use the iron sights with either of the optics in question.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:47:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By MGP:
Which one is more user friendly and do you use frt and rear sight with these Thanks

I'm an Aimpoint guy. I have tried the ECO Thingy. But prefer Aimpoints. But between the OKO & EO Thingy, the ECOTech all the way. And I always practice with my BUIS, you never know when even the best will fail.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:16:22 PM EST
The OKO is much lighter, has excellent battery life(up to 1500 hrs lowest setting which you won't be using), and can be found sometimes for $150. I say they are both "friendly". New F series EO's have battery life of 500 or so hours medium setting, some better than the OKO I think, for similar brightness level.
The EO is built for more rugged use, but you can get a metal cage to go over the OKO.
The OKO has a 4 moa dot and the EO has a 1 moa dot with 65 moa circle. Decisions decisions....
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:53:57 PM EST
I was in trying to make the same decision just a few days ago. I thougt I would go with the OKO because it has a good reputation, and the price, but upon investigating the pricehere is what I found.

OKO - $220
Protective cover, that also raises the OKO up for a cowitness in the bottom third - $90

Total package - $320

Eotech with the LaRue mount that also raises it up for a cowitness in the bottom third - $399 (from one of the dealers here)

So it all comes down to an $80 difference, I ordered the Eotech.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:54:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 4:56:45 PM EST by triburst1]

Originally Posted By MudBug:
I was in trying to make the same decision just a few days ago. I thougt I would go with the OKO because it has a good reputation, and the price, but upon investigating the pricehere is what I found.

OKO - $220
Protective cover, that also raises the OKO up for a cowitness in the bottom third - $90

Total package - $320

Eotech with the LaRue mount that also raises it up for a cowitness in the bottom third - $399 (from one of the dealers here)

So it all comes down to an $80 difference, I ordered the Eotech.

You made the choice that suits you best, but those prices are very high. I know that those are pretty close to the retail list prices on the OKO web site, but they can be had much cheaper. Brownells has the sight for $199 and the SC4 protective cover for $45.

I bought the OKO because it works better for me. The OKO with protective cover should be as tough as the Eotech, which is also essentialy a polymer sight with a metal roll cage.

The OKO is also much lighter. The sight will be mounted on the fore end and, a few ounces makes a bigger difference when it is on the front of the gun.

I also prefer the more Aimpoint-like dot of the OKO and I have never cared for the Eotech's reticle.

edited to add:

DAMN, THAT WAS MY 2000th POST!!!
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO­OOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Top Top