Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2005 7:06:55 PM EDT
I am thinking aobut going OD stock set and was wondering if there were any VFG in OD besides the tango Down?  If not, can one be painted to match the Cav Arms OD color?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#1]
KAC makes them, I have one on my Beowulf.  It's a different color than Cav Arms.  My handguards are Cav Arms, Ergo grip and GunKote on the ACE stock.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Aluma-Hyde OD is a good match...
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a modifed AUG VFG. The color is a perfect match to Bushmaster's OD Grip/stock
(.50 Beowulf)

Link Posted: 1/12/2005 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on the KAC VFG.

IIRC Tango Down also makes an OD version of their excellent VFG, and TDI had an OD VFG that is shorter than most (think MP5 K grip type).
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate it guys.  I have held a TD VFG but it seemed to big for my liking.  Currently I have a GG&G VFG and love it.  I ordered a set of green furniture from DSG that is made by Cav Arms and it should be here by the end of the week.  

Where did you get the AUG VFG and what mods did you do?
On the KG, what color and how durable is it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Where did you get the AUG VFG and what mods did you do?
Thanks

I got the AUG VFG from CC&S in Las Vegas (702-221-4867). They have a whole room of 'extra' parts, cool 'junk', plus great Class 3 weapons and lots of 'gear' if you are ever out that way.
I just cut  the AUG mount down some, leaving a portion of it as reinforcement, and mounted it via a nut-plate to the stock handguard. It is strong enough to serve its purpose, but would break off if slammed into something. I'd rather have my grip break off in a fall, etc, then the barrel, etc getting damaged. BTW I like to contoured shape of the AUG VFG better then round, and it is shorter then most of the aftermarket grips in length, so it does not stick down as much. But still plenty big enough for my hands (6'4" 250).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top