Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2003 10:28:25 AM EDT
Can anyone shed some light on how to modify the lower buffer opening on a AR SBR lower so I can use an AO-93 upper. I assume this has been done before. Seems that I could save considerable scratch by doing this rather than the AO-93 complete pistol. My research shows that I can use the upper on an SBR. Thanx for your thoughts!
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Just put it on the lower and go. All the recoil stuff is internal to the upper... correct, so the stock and buffer in the stock are just there for decoration, until you install a std style upper.

Why not just contact/call Mark at [url]www.triplebreakproducts.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually don't want to use the stock. I assume I can do that with an SBR. I don't think I have any restrictions with the stock...??? So, if I don't connect a stock, what do I do with the hole I'm left with?  
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#3]
If the weapon doesn't have a stock, it needs to be registered as a pistol. You can't register a rifle as a pistol so you need to start with a virgin lower tha has nevere had a stock installed on it.

You then get into very confusing territory about the pistol not weighing more then 50OZ and having a shroud over the barrel (ie handguard) and other very confusing things.

I would strongly suggest yopu contact Ouarterbore on this site and ask him any questions you have as this can get into very confusing territory involving SBRing and what is and isn't a rifle, AWB, and AOW territory.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top