Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/20/2012 3:41:41 AM EDT
What is the trademark of Noveske... a rolling crossed set of  double axe's?
What is the difference in the gen 1 and gen 2 Lower 's?
Has anyone used the chainsaw lowers /uppers and have you heard of any problems with the chainsaw Parts?
What do you think of Noveske?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:49:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What is the trademark of Noveske... a rolling crossed set of  double axe's? An iron cross/X logo, its on their website
What is the difference in the gen 1 and gen 2 Lower 's? Gen 1's are basically standard milspec lowers, Gen 2's have a flared magwell and built in trigger gaurd, Gen 2 also won't accept the surefire mags, both are forged
Has anyone used the chainsaw lowers /uppers and have you heard of any problems with the chainsaw Parts? Many people here have used them, you shouldn't have any issuses, and Noveske will take care of you if you do.
What do you think of Noveske? Good to go IMO, I had a lower that wouldn't drop mags free and they replaced it no questions asked, and fast

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:25:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Do you have to have a special stamp/permit to own/buy the 14.5 inch barrel uppers?
Is the name "Noveske" a German or Russian name,i have never heard it before?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:29:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I think most of their 14.5" uppers are perm. welded to 16" so no. If you get  one thats not then yes you will need a $200 tax stamp. Noveske is the owners last name, John Noveske I believe.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:38:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks LiquidG!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:53:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I absolutely LOVE my Noveske 14.5" Afghan upper welded to 16"   Just fantastic.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:08:53 PM EDT
[#6]
What can i gain+ with a 14.5 barrel with the weld to make it 16" over just a plain 16"  mil.spec. barrel?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What can i gain+ with a 14.5 barrel with the weld to make it 16" over just a plain 16"  mil.spec. barrel?

A 16 inch barrel length isn't "mil spec", 14.5 is...if you want to be specific.
But the advantage would be shorter overall length.  16 inch barrel plus FH puts the overall length out to almost to 18 inches.

Gen 1 and Gen 2 lowers are both great.  I personally prefer the gen 1 as its a little lighter.
Chainsaw lowers are just cosmetic blems that are sold at a reduced price.  They still function 100%.
Noveske is an American company based out of Oregon and named after the founder, John Noveske.
It's one of the best AR manufactures on the market.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:54:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But the advantage would be shorter overall length.  16 inch barrel plus FH puts the overall length out to almost to 18 inches.

Gen 1 and Gen 2 lowers are both great.  I personally prefer the gen 1 as its a little lighter.
Chainsaw lowers are just cosmetic blems that are sold at a reduced price.  They still function 100%.
Noveske is an American company based out of Oregon and named after the founder, John Noveske.

The length doesn't make it milspec or not. Noveske's 14.5" barrels are definitely not milspec. This is no reflection on the quality, its just that a milspec barrel is one made according to the specs outlined in a military contract. The Noveske hammer forged, extra thick chrome lined, midlength barrel with a pinned AAC flash hider is not milspec at all.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The length doesn't make it milspec or not. Noveske's 14.5" barrels are definitely not milspec. This is no reflection on the quality, its just that a milspec barrel is one made according to the specs outlined in a military contract. The Noveske hammer forged, extra thick chrome lined, midlength barrel with a pinned AAC flash hider is not milspec at all.

Depends, a 14.5 button rifle 1:7 twist barrel is the current "mil spec" for an M4.  A 16 inch button rifle 1:7 twist is not.  
Obviously a CHF barrel is not "mil spec" but at that point....who cares...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:00:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What is the trademark of Noveske... a rolling crossed set of  double axe's?
What is the difference in the gen 1 and gen 2 Lower 's?
Has anyone used the chainsaw lowers /uppers and have you heard of any problems with the chainsaw Parts?
What do you think of Noveske?

1. Maltese cross (?)
2. Flared magwell on Gen 2
3. No problems in mine.  I have noticed that my Noveske chainsaw lowers are a tight fit with anything other than Noveske uppers.
4. They make nice stuff.  Excellent barrels!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top