Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 11:22:01 PM EDT
I have a Sabre Defence 1/7 mid-length upper from Talon Arms and need a lower. Noveske's looks good. It costs more than a RRA or Stag but about the same as a Sabre, LMT or Bushmaster lower. Noveske is currently out of stock on this but my funds are becoming available to finally get the lower, and the Noveske is my favorite right now. I understand they're made by CMT. I've read about RRA being a bit of a tight fit (rubber hammer time). I've read both good and not so good on LMT, which has made me leery of their quality control. My thoughts are to get the Noveske lower or even his assembled lower, less the SOPMOD buttstock, and then add an LMT Enhanced Collapsible Buttstock from DSG Arms. Any good or bad experiences with Noveske lowers, or their assembled lowers? I think I'd like the SOPMOD stock but don't want to spend the money, because after this rifle is finished I want to get going on a quality scoped bolt action.

GL
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#1]
from what i have read in previous discussion threads that show up when you search they are good to go.

on par with the rest but i will have to suggest dennysguns lowers which are also made by the same folks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:47:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I really like the RRA tight fit. It wasn't so bad as to require a mallet and it's working itself in just fine.

Quoted:
I've read about RRA being a bit of a tight fit (rubber hammer time).
GL

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a Sabre Defence 1/7 mid-length upper from Talon Arms and need a lower. Noveske's looks good. It costs more than a RRA or Stag but about the same as a Sabre, LMT or Bushmaster lower. Noveske is currently out of stock on this but my funds are becoming available to finally get the lower, and the Noveske is my favorite right now. I understand they're made by CMT. I've read about RRA being a bit of a tight fit (rubber hammer time). I've read both good and not so good on LMT, which has made me leery of their quality control. My thoughts are to get the Noveske lower or even his assembled lower, less the SOPMOD buttstock, and then add an LMT Enhanced Collapsible Buttstock from DSG Arms. Any good or bad experiences with Noveske lowers, or their assembled lowers? I think I'd like the SOPMOD stock but don't want to spend the money, because after this rifle is finished I want to get going on a quality scoped bolt action.

GL

How much are they going for? Do you order them direct?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
from what i have read in previous discussion threads that show up when you search they are good to go.

on par with the rest but i will have to suggest dennysguns lowers which are also made by the same folks.

Yeah, what he said...

You have to order them from Noveske.  They are just custom made for Noveske by CMT like Teknic said so it's just a matter of which logo you want...

I started a Noveske lower thread awhile back.  Didn't get too much info other than "get what you want" and probably will look at them for a lower to SBR this spring...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How much are they going for? Do you order them direct?

When he last had them on his site, the stripped lower was $130, and the completed as described below was, I think, $530. Without the SOPMOD, but everything else, it was $330, if I recall correctly. I don't rememeber any price involving the optional two-stage trigger.

From his site:

N4 Lower Receiver, 5.56mm

Made by STAG/CMT, these forged lowers are marked with the Noveske "Iron X" logo, "Noveske Rifleworks LLC Grants Pass OR USA". The Model and Cal marks are above the trigger pin holes marked "MODEL N4 5.56mm". They are available stripped, or assembled.

The assembled version comes with:
--Tango Down Pistol Grip
--STAG/CMT Mil-spec parts
--Single point sling mount
--H2 buffer
--Mil-spec Buffer tube and spring
--SOPMOD Buttstock

optional:
--2 stage trigger

The lower is available less the SOPMOD buttstock for those who already have a stock. The mil-spec buffer tube, spring and buffer are still supplied.

Link

GL
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sorry, but while I may not be a fan of the looks department for weapons, Noveske has a good looking lower.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top