Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/26/2012 1:54:23 AM EDT
Hello and greetings from the Texas coast,

Been reading and using the forum for quite a while now. Finally made joined and hope you guys can he'llp me out with two separate issues.

Ok, first, my newest built is going to sport a noveske barrel with switchblock. I'm desperately trying to locate either a 14.5" Afghan or 16" recon stainless with factory attached switchblock either will make me happy. Does anyone know who has  them in stock???

And second, I was originally going to go with a 9" NSR rail to accommodate the switchblock. However I would like a longer sight radius. I have seen rails stamped noveske that have FSB cutouts for the switchblock. I BELIEVE vltor makes these then noveske stamps them, I  have also heard that these are only available on assembled upper. (please correct me if I'm wrong) anyway does anyone know where to find this exact rail for the above mentioned barrels?

Thanks,
John
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I got mine right from Noveseke - the 16" stainless with the SB.  They're usually sold out for the good models, but keep checking.  You can also sign up for an email alert from Ranier arms for what you need.

I went with the 9" rail, and I think it looks good.  I have little plans on using iron sights on it, they're just there for backup, and so I don't think the couple of extra inches sight radius will make any difference.

My set up:

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#2]
you are correct about the rail
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies, and that's a good lookin rifle. 9" NSR on 14.5 afghan stainless w/ switchblock is probably what I'm gonna go with. However can anyone identify the rail that I asked about? I have checked Rainier, Noveske, Vltor, and a few other places with no luck. I have a photo of it, I just need to figure out how to post it.. and I am on the waiting list at rainier arms, I was just hoping to get it sooner
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 3:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Concerning the switch block rail and cutout for the switch block, all mine are SWS.  Unfortunately, I think SWS makes these rails proprietary for Noveske.  I could be wrong?  Please let me know if I am!

iso
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats not a bad lookin rail.

Heres the one ive been trying to find..

http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae351/johnsgonewild/railonly.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
alright!!! I got it..... what is the name of this rai;, and where can i find one!!! Thanks
http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae351/johnsgonewild/railonly.jpg
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#8]
That switchblock rail is only available from Noveske on their assembled uppers.  Only other way to get it is to pay an absurd amount of money to someone to part with theirs. Ask me how I know.  Also, that rail is only for carbine length gas systems.

You could buy a 12" FSP rail and achieve something similar.  Or you can buy a regular rail and have the cutout machined out.  The latter is what I ended up doing.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I was afraid is that, well thanks for some closure... I think If I could find the right one it would go good on a 14.5" bbl
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Why not just buy the correctly assembled upper from Noveske when they come back in stock? They surely will come back in stock. Then you can have the bolt already matched to your barrel and know that everything has been prof. assembled and checked before you get it. They also will do custom orders upon request, all you have to do is call. Easy company to deal with, great CS.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top