Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/5/2008 8:08:45 AM EDT
Anyone with experience with both?  I notice the Noveske has a 1/7 twist Larue 1/8...anyone notice much difference?

Trying to decide which upper would be the better to purchase, the stealth 16 or the noveske 16.1 recon.

Any noticeable pros or cons.  I've read great reviews on most, perhaps a little better things about the noveske, but am really interested in how the stealth compares.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:13:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Noveske and it is a great piece.  Larue makes nothing but top notch products.  I believe that the Larue has a Wylde chamber.  Either way I don't think that you can go wrong.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have the Noveske and it is a great piece.  Larue makes nothing but top notch products.  I believe that the Larue has a Wylde chamber.  Either way I don't think that you can go wrong.  

You are comparing two top notch companies, you will be good either way.  Big differences i see is Noveske will sell you a shorter barrel, as short as 7.5, and the ability to have it mounted up in a monolythic upper.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Tough decision.  Might have to get 1 OF EACH!!!  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Not to hijack, but i've been trying to decide on the same but in 18" for my SPR-type build. The MRP upper looks nice
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Both extremely good.

I like LaRue better because of the giveaways here. They don't have to do that, but they do. A big thanks to Mark.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Ive owned both. I had a Afghan upper when they were still using LaRue rails and I currently have a 16" Larue upper w/ a 12.0 rail.

Personally I like the LaRue better. That billet upper of theirs is slick. Ive never handled an upper that felt so smooth. I currently have about 800 rounds through it with an single issue.

Accuracy wise I have shot 1/2" 5 shot groups consistently with both. Both shoot 75 grain SMK's very well.

Either way you are going to get a very accurate and reliable upper. Noveske has more choices in uppers though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top