Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/28/2011 7:08:21 PM EDT
I have a 14.5" barrel AR and would like to replace the birdcage on the nose.
I wasn't going to consider a KX3 because I had read a couple years ago that they were really made for SBR's.

But on Noveske's website they claim it is for any barrel length. What are opinions on this?

Is it really a good FS?
Does it affect muzzle rise at all?

I don't want to get it as flash suppressor if it increases muzzle rise.
Later
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:22:34 PM EDT
The KX3 was designed to send the blast down range and create back pressure for cycling SBR's.
It's 3" long and weighs 1/2lb. It will also put a 3 foot fire ball out the front of a 7.5" 5.56.
Noveske would love for everyone to hang one off their rifle. That doesn't make it needed, desired, or functional. It makes Noveske mo money.
In my opinion, a big KX3 would look rediculous on anything but an SBR 10.5" or less, not to mention making a 14.5" into a 17.5" and front heavy.

Use a flash hider that actually reduces flash. Vortex, Phantom, Blackout, ect.
If you want sonething that directs the blast down range on a 14.5", use a Levang.
Dave N
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:27:03 PM EDT
I've got one and the first response is your answer.
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 7:32:56 PM EDT
Thanks Shadowcop and jnatv.
That made my decision for me.
I remember when they were coming out that it was intended for SBR's
I didn't realize they were that heavy. Geez no wonder they have a pig on the side of it.

Thanks for the tips for other FS's.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:05:19 AM EDT
If you want an actual great flash suppressor then purchase a Vortex or Blackout. The KX3 does very little in suppressing flash depsite the fact that the ATF has classified it as a flash suppressor. Shadowcop is correct on all accounts.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:08:14 AM EDT
The flaming pig looks really cool but with the weight of it, I would only put it on an SBR that actually needed it to run correctly.
Top Top