Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/9/2006 5:49:29 PM EDT
I talked with Noveske the other day and was told that there are a lot of people using their KH3 brake on 16" barrels with great results. Anyone here using this configuration? What has been your experience.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:56:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/9/2006 7:01:23 PM EDT by bigbore]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:59:29 PM EDT
Anybody have a picture of this setup, (16" Bbl)

What would be the advantages??
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:15:13 PM EDT
Wasn't the KX3 device designed for short barreled weapons to help with cycleing and muzzle rise? On a 16" midlength these are really not issues so would the KX3 be any advantage over a regular flash hider at all?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:21:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sapper326:
Wasn't the KX3 device designed for short barreled weapons to help with cycleing and muzzle rise? On a 16" midlength these are really not issues so would the KX3 be any advantage over a regular flash hider at all?

The KX3 is an expansion chamber designed to improve the reliability of short barreled rifles that have a short dwell time -- gets its roots from the AK-74U and works well for that purpose. On a 16" barrel (especially a carbine gas system gun) that extra back pressure does not help at all, if it is not outright a disadvantage.

From the limited number of them that I have seen in service, they are not really a good flash suppressor at all, but they do make a pretty cool "fire ball" in front of the weapon -- interesting to see if nothing else.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:31:49 PM EDT
I've heard that the mid length gas system was slightly more reliable than the carbine length. So my thinking was that it would be a good idea to put it on a carbine length gas system to get the same reliability as mid length.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:38:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ThePrepared_com:
I've heard that the mid length gas system was slightly more reliable than the carbine length. So my thinking was that it would be a good idea to put it on a carbine length gas system to get the same reliability as mid length.

I would say more than slightly...

Actually would exacerbate the problem... on issue with the carbine length system on a 16" barrel is the long dwell time and excessive back pressure -- the KX3 would only add to this.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:00:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gunzilla:

Originally Posted By ThePrepared_com:

I would say more than slightly...

Actually would exacerbate the problem... on issue with the carbine length system on a 16" barrel is the long dwell time and excessive back pressure -- the KX3 would only add to this.

Got it, thanks for taking the time to explain it.

Scott

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:11:56 AM EDT
Top Top