Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/22/2012 2:55:04 AM EST
Guys, saw my first Noveske ,afghan model. I was very impressed with the fit and finish of this rifle. It had a stainless barrel with the three prong flashhider. Really liked the flared lower mag well also. Not sure about the 2300 cost though. Anything I need to know about these rifles? Are they as good as they look? thanks
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:15:46 AM EST
Second to none quality.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:19:26 AM EST
GTG. Great stuff.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:22:08 AM EST
Worth every penny. Check Rainier Arms.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:34:29 AM EST
IMHO Noveske is worth every penny. One of the most accurate AR's that money can buy, not to mention that the new lower is really fucking nice.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:43:54 AM EST
Upper end Noveske stuff is it. Great products. Expensive and worth it.

I will get shot for this, no doubt, their lower end $1500-$1700 guns (for example at Rainer Arms, in person) are NOT better than Daniel Defense. I contend DD is a better value IN THAT PRICE range.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:12:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/22/2012 4:54:59 AM EST by CROWDLG]
They are great rifles.

They cost a bit too much for what You get.

If it was about $300 less it would be in line with whats They are worth.

When I can get a SR15 for $2097, the Noveske does not seem like such a great deal.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:30:56 AM EST
I've had many noveske products and can't think of anything bad to say other than I wish I could find more of their stuff in stock. Many people say they aren't worth it, but they have no idea what they're talking about. All of mine have been very accurate and well made. You could also order one of the ares rifles when they come back in stock at rainier arms. The only other rifle in the same league is Larue, but long waits keep me from buying one. One of these days I'll jump in line.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:06:15 AM EST
Anyone know how these rifles shoot the American eagle 55 grain fmj stuff, thanks for the reply's.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:29:50 AM EST
Should work fine.
I have even shot Wolf through one of them and it ran great.
For the most part 55gr is what I use most.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:32:20 AM EST
Originally Posted By lotsagas4u:
Anyone know how these rifles shoot the American eagle 55 grain fmj stuff, thanks for the reply's.

They might be a hair more accurate with 62gr and above, but not to worry for plinking.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:19:42 AM EST
The Noveske chrome lined barrels are more accurate than most of the stainless steel barrels other companies produce.

Yeah. You get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:26:30 AM EST
When you buy Noveske you are paying for fit, finish and attention to detail.
Also, you're getting probably the most accurate barrel on the planet.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:28:30 AM EST
Originally Posted By M4A1:
When you buy Noveske you are paying for fit, finish and attention to detail.
Also, you're getting probably the most accurate barrel on the planet.

Sounds about right.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:08:07 AM EST
The rifle I was looking at, had a brushed/matte stainless barrel, I believe it was marked 7PT, not sure of that, but remember the 7. So, it would be better with a chrome barrel than the stainless. I know it was marked afghan, and had the flared magwell, receiver was rolled, and rifle was very tight between the upper and lower. That was the first Noveske rifle I ever saw in person. It had Vltor stamped on the upper, as well as Noveske. I may go back and look at it tomorrow. The guy has had it awhile he said, anything to watch out for on these? He said it came with a certificate showing it was a factory built rifle.Thanks again
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:24:42 AM EST
The rifle I was looking at, had a brushed/matte stainless barrel, I believe it was marked 7PT, not sure of that, but remember the 7. So, it would be better with a chrome barrel than the stainless. I know it was marked afghan, and had the flared magwell, receiver was rolled, and rifle was very tight between the upper and lower. That was the first Noveske rifle I ever saw in person. It had Vltor stamped on the upper, as well as Noveske. I may go back and look at it tomorrow. The guy has had it awhile he said, anything to watch out for on these? He said it came with a certificate showing it was a factory built rifle.Thanks again

not sure what you are asking, but that's a factory afghan(14.5 stainless) rifle at that shop for sure.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:23:52 AM EST
Noveske makes the best rifle money can buy.

His barrels are heads above the rest.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:47:42 PM EST
I was wanting a high grade rifle, have a LWRC piston gun, and a couple of Sig 516s. I don't have a DI rifle yet, first time seeing the afghan in person, do I buy it or wait for a Larue?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:45:22 PM EST
Originally Posted By CROWDLG:
They are great rifles.

They cost a bit too much for what You get.

If it was about $300 less it would be in line with whats They are worth.

When I can get a SR15 for $2097, the Noveske does not seem like such a great deal.

Agree. Good stuff but the name alone now commands a markup. I'd take a DD hammer forged barrel over a Noveske N4, and a BCM 410 over a Noveske stainless rig. YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:57:25 PM EST
I was wanting a high grade rifle, have a LWRC piston gun, and a couple of Sig 516s. I don't have a DI rifle yet, first time seeing the afghan in person, do I buy it or wait for a Larue?

Buy it. Noveske stainless barrels are 2nd to none IMHO. The chrome lined barrels will last longer and the stainless barrels will provide better accuracy in the hands of a skilled shooter. Seriously, buy it and you will have no regrets. I own 3 Noveske AR's and I am 100% satisfied, my brother owns 1 Noveske AR and he is 100% satisfied. I am sure that nearly every owner of a Noveske rifle would give the same recommendation.
Top Top