Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/23/2003 1:02:13 PM EDT
I know that this forum is about rifles of this eara. But I must deviate for a moment and tell everyone about what I just got in the mail. I ordered a rifle from the Civlian Marksmanship program. The prices have gone up about 400% in the last 10 years. It arrived in a long cardbox delivered to my office. Upon opening it, I found a Springfield 1903 03-A3 covered in cosmoline. I took it to the local gunsmith to have it cleaned up and have the headspace checked. The sellers claim they check the headspace but I always get a second opinion in these matters. The rifle is almost brand new. The amazing thing is that all the parts have matching serial numbers including the stock!

In this day and age of machine guns and automatic fire...sometimes one needs to take pause and look at a masterpiece.
Sorry to deviate from the forum
Stay safe.
John  
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. The 03-A3 was one of the best sight arrangments every produced on a rifle. I love the balance and weight. I am still looking for a cleaning kit to put in the stock.

Karl
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top