Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/26/2003 7:10:59 PM EDT
Hey guys.

I recently purchased some new goodies for my M4 and one that I neglected was a good, sturdy sling.  I am looking for one optimized for CQB or urban-type shooting.

I've heard of different manufacturers, like The Wilderness Giles sling, The Ching Sling, The Eagle Tactical Assault Sling that Bushmaster carries, etc.

What are some other models?  I've always used the old "silent" style slings, so I don't know much about what is out there.

Any suggestions or favorites?  What do you like about what you already have?  What are some drawbacks?  I'm looking for some feedback to help me decide what would suit me best.

Thanks.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:02:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Giles sling from Wilderness Tactical on my carbine.  This is a pretty rugged sling, so you should never have to worry about it breaking on you.  On the down side, this also makes it stiffer than some other slings available.  This has never bothered me but I know some people have found this uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out CQB Solutions.  I have the SOP sling with ERB, and like it.  The webbing is wider (1.5" IIRC), sturdy, and easily adjustable.  It's a 3-point, but is designed to ease switching shoulders (for going around corners).

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey thanks for the suggestions guys.  Keep the advice coming.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#4]
For simplicity its hard to beat the Kreig.

Many seem to like the single point sling produced by Star Tactical.

I use a Tactical Taylor 3pt sling on my 20" rifle and I like it.  Its strap is wider (2") making it more comfortable; and it has the quick release buckle to get you out of the sling fast.  I've also found this sling can also work like a standard carry strap allowing American & African carry modes (slung over the shoulder) - or it can be used to help stabilize the rifle as a hasty sling.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#5]
i use the Wilderness Single Point, Wilderness 3-point, IDF issue Sayeret, and CQB Solutions SOP on my rifles.

They'd all make great choices, but i like using the Single point and the IDF most. Both are simple, sturdy, low drag, and effective.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:19:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:56:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I had the same setup Treetop is referring to but the sling is only 1" and tends to dig into your skin.I think that width is really meant for subguns.I think any sling 1.5" would be more suited for an AR.I've since switched to a Daniel Defense simple sling which handles the weight w/o a problem but is a little on the stiff side.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#8]
CQB solutions.....   or dental floss. I hear its all the tactical Ted rage these days.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I use Giles slings from Wilderness exclusively.  Single points on carbines, 3 points on full size rifles.  They'll last a lifetime.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Reap,  I use a Deiter/CQD Single point sling.  It works pretty good.  It's 1.5" wide and has those HK-style metal clips.  It also has a little "bungee" section on each end toward the clips, so once you have the sling adjusted, there's always a little extra room if you need it.  
It's made by Blackhawk, so it's probably not made in the US. That might influence your decision.
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12003[/img]

CHRIS
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys.  I recently purchased the #137 SOP Sling from CQB Solutions.  The package said it contained a "tri-glide front attachment" but I didn't see anything that would have fit that description in the package.  I've yet to rig it up yet, but I'll let you guys know what I think when I do.

-REAPER2502
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top