Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2015 4:43:11 PM EDT
Posting this here first because I have been hanging out here lately...

http://www.tacticalmachining.com/80-products/80-receivers/blemished-80-ar-15-lower.html
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw that today too, trying so hard not to pull the trigger on 3 or 4...

Anyone know what their blems are?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]
uggh thanks

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

If you could see the blems when it's raw, my guess would be casting flaws.  In either case, if you're going to re-profile and hand-polish the raw forging afterwards, it should really matter.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If you could see the blems when it's raw, my guess would be casting flaws.  In either case, if you're going to re-profile and hand-polish the raw forging afterwards, it should really matter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but they aren't cast
I know you know, just had to poke you in the eye a little

I ordered a few, so we shall see
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:52:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Well THAT was $75 buck I didn't know I was gonna spend!

It's a sickness.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry guys, figured I had to let someone know since I didn't buy any.

Quoted:
In their pics, the entire web that the pistol grip mounts to is missing. Let's hope that's just an overeager photoshop and not really gone. That would be a heck of a blemish in my opinion.

[edit:] A closer look at the middle pic looks like it's there but barely visible. Whew.
View Quote

Even the non-blem ones have the same photoshopped area.  So I am going to guess that isn't the blem, hopefully.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
http://shop.tacticalshit.comhttp://shop.tacticalshit.com

had 80 percenters while back for 29.95 i think it was but it was actually a 95, one with the back tang pocket.

Thought id let people know in case you want to keep an eye on the site.

Here the actual lowers including a 9mm, and 308! http://shop.tacticalshit.com/ar-15-rifle/ar-15-parts/80-lowers
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Can someone explain how these 80% lowers work. I buy one, finish the other 20% to a functioning operating piece. Do they have to serialized, registered? I don't understand how the process works. Thx!
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Can someone explain how these 80% lowers work. I buy one, finish the other 20% to a functioning operating piece. Do they have to serialized, registered? I don't understand how the process works. Thx!
View Quote

They do not require anything after finishing in Ohio. As I understand it some states require registration, but not here. The ATF recommends some sort of marking in case it is stolen. Home built guns can be sold, but they can not be built for the purpose of resale.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know if this is anything to go by, but this is a link to a review page for a Blem Gadsden Lower. I believe the blem (expand the pic) for that one was @ the pivot pin area.

Blem Gadsden
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I love the Gadsen logo'ed lower.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I've bought TM blems before, and just ordered 3 more.  Thanks for the link, OP.

The previous blems I got had bumps on them.  That's it.  Just bumps.

Ray
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#14]
ordered 3 two nights ago.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:57:00 AM EDT
[#15]
So really want to reprofile an 80% as well as mill one out.  

I am thinking of making a non-functional display gun and could use one of these for that too.

Damn you sir...
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:12:21 AM EDT
[#16]
$39.95.  7075 aluminum 80% liwer at tacticalshit. Right now
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top