Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2013 1:55:47 AM EDT
So northtech defense finally dropped their upper. Anyone want to weigh in on it? I bought both their upper and lower, just waiting on it to be delivered which is should be here tomorrow.

http://www.ar15news.com/2013/11/15/new-northtech-defense-billet-upper-receiver-introductory-price/
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 2:50:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So northtech defense finally dropped their upper. Anyone want to weigh in on it? I bought both their upper and lower, just waiting on it to be delivered which is should be here tomorrow.

http://www.ar15news.com/2013/11/15/new-northtech-defense-billet-upper-receiver-introductory-price/
View Quote

Built my dad a rifle with a Northtech lower and I couldn't be happier. The fit and finish was the best I have put my hands on. I am going to talk him into getting the new upper to match the set. Make for a real nice setup I am sure.
Link Posted: 11/17/2013 3:24:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Very jealous, I wouldn't mind northtec for my next build
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I want one and had to force myself not to order one the other day when I picked up the new fortis charging handle.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not a huge fan of the white outlined logo on their upper and the bright finish on the forward assist. If it wasn't for those two things I would buy a receiver set
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not a huge fan of the white outlined logo on their upper and the bright finish on the forward assist. If it wasn't for those two things I would buy a receiver set
View Quote

I feel the same.
Link Posted: 11/20/2013 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I feel the same.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel the same.

It is not a white lining, it is the aluminum underneath. But they come with the aluminum OR the anodizing. I have mine black anodized with the rest of the receiver. All you have to do is call Northtech and ask them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 12:08:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

They don't come from the factory with the white outline. That's someone's color fill. And the assist is made out of titanium. Could attribute to the color
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 9:50:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Hello folks, perhaps I can help clear up some things.

Our new billet upper comes standard with a black logo and raw Titanium forward assist.

The images seen with the silver logo are special versions provided to media and select retailers.  The upper is anodized black, then the logo is machined in after, exposing the aluminum underneath.  This version will be a special order item.

The upper will soon be offered with either the raw Titanium finish or anodized black forward assist.

The Titanium forward assist is also available separately. With various colors soon to be available.

Thank you for your support!

Rob - Team NTD

www.northtechdefense.com
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Our new billet upper comes standard with a black logo and raw Titanium forward assist.

The images seen with the silver logo are special versions provided to media and select retailers.  The upper is anodized black, then the logo is machined in after, exposing the aluminum underneath.  This version will be a special order item.

The upper will soon be offered with either the raw Titanium finish or anodized black forward assist.

The Titanium forward assist is also available separately. With various colors soon to be available.

Rob - Team NTD

www.northtechdefense.com
View Quote

Good to hear.
Link Posted: 11/21/2013 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Rob - Team NTD

www.northtechdefense.com
View Quote

Thx for the response.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top