Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2005 1:08:56 PM EDT
My gun shop buddy pulled out two yellow boxes of Norinco Ammo 55gr fmj for 3$ a box the other day so I bought it.

He said it isn't steel cased and works ok???  The only thing in English on it is Keep away from kids......etc.

Made in China.

Any info on this stuff?  Have not had time to shoot any yet...........
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have shot thousands of rounds of Norinco 223. I used to be able to get it for $1.50 a box. Never had any problems with it in any of my weapons. Shoots a lot better than Wolf.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Guy has a sealed steel tin of it for $85 here, is that a good deal?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If that is a 1000 rounds I'd be all over it...........ammo is getting hard to find.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a bad experience (in the 1990's) with the Norinco ammo packed in cartons and thick plastic.  They were in 1,000 round packs.  They fouled the M16s really bad, that we had to soak the gas tube in gasoline and blew compressed air in it.  I hope they already changed (improved) the powder that they are currently using in their ammo.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I had good luck with some cheap norinco ammo made in the 1990's. I would buy it at that price.

I found 1 that did not have a flash hole in it, and two other primers were dead but out of 400 rnds....not great but not bad I thought, for practice stuff.

I relaoded the brass and shot it in my target 223 and got good groups out of it. I could only relaod it about 5 times before it died.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the fireball Norinco .223 gives
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top