Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2009 9:39:22 AM EST
Recently installed a Norgon and found Magpuls will not drop free with it: GI's work fine. Tried filing the Norgon down some, but am hesitant to do more and risk mags not locking up tight enough. Anyone have any experience with this or know if Magpuls work better with other types of ambi mag releases?
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:41:51 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 11:43:22 AM EST
I run a Norgon with PMAGs and do not have any issues at all. They all drop free every time.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 1:08:52 PM EST
You might try backing the Norgon out one turn.
I don't have any problems with P-Mags dropping free from the Norgon either.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:30:40 AM EST
I've got two Norgon mag catch on my two carbines and don't have problems with PMAG and Lancer mags.

I agree that you might want to loosen it one turn, to fine tune it to half turn, disassemble it and rotate your mag release button 180 degrees (half turn).

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 8:48:14 AM EST
What is there a diffrence in the norgan ambi catch on brownells site and the one fulton armory site??
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 9:57:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By jmjax14:
What is there a diffrence in the norgan ambi catch on brownells site and the one fulton armory site??

They look exactly the same to me, they're both made by Norgon LLC, both with the trade mark name of Ambi-Catch.

As far as I know there is only one manufacturer of the Norgon Ambi-Catch.

Ref: http://www.norgon.com/

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 11:13:04 AM EST
Just finished assembling my lower last night with a Norgon Ambi-Catch, it worked perfectly with USGI and PMAGS.

Sounding like the problem is NOT in the design, either something is wrong with yours, or it could be the lower or even the spring and button. Have you tried loosening or tightening it a turn?
Top Top