Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2008 5:42:43 PM EDT
Pleae exuse my naievity.  I don't claim to know much about AR's.  Obviously I'm new.  I do know that they come in different versions and I assume that when someone refers to an A2 or A5 they are talking about a certain version.  Would someone please qucikly educate me as to what the differnces are?  Just fill in the bullet points..

A1-
A2-
A3-
A4-
A5

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:46:17 PM EDT
it maight be easier for you to  go to wikipedia and search M16. its not a quick answer for that question and I am too lazt to type.  but there is no A5
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:57:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 5:58:34 PM EDT by 3boysdad]
Originally Posted By Shawnmt6601:
it maight be easier for you to  go to wikipedia and search M16. its not a quick answer for that question and I am too lazt to type.  but there is no A5

Thanks.  I'll do that.  I do get confused.  M16/A15, they all still look the same to me.  I'm new to the AR world.  I just bought a Stag Arms two months ago to bust my cherry.  I have taken it apart several times now (except for the lower) and I think I have a good "basic" knowledge of it.  I joined this site to learn more and must admit the wealth of knowledge out there still has my head spinning.  But I'm not one to give up.  I'll continue to search and montitor until it all clicks one day.  If someone has a quick reference link other than wiki I have no problems reading.

Sorry if this was a below "noobie" question.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 6:21:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 6:23:41 PM EDT by 45Bravo]
No need to apologize. I think you'll find that the AR15.com Retro Forum has some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable people as members. We may not be completely up to date on all of the new tactical stuff but we know our history.

Try this link for the Wiki version.

AR15 according to Wikipedia

M16 according to Wikipedia
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 8:51:01 PM EDT
Top Top