Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/17/2004 1:31:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2004 1:32:22 PM EST by bob332]
well it is time to begin to start accumulating parts. here is what i have in mind - 16"CAR, Chrome Lined Barrel, A3 FlatTop with standard FSB, Ameetec Stripped Lower, RRA LPK and RRA M4 6 Position Stock and either a arms or yhm rear sight. i will be getting the upper from m&a, the stripped lower from ameetec and others as i find good deals.

i found on the equipment exchange these RRA 6 Position Stocks and wanted to verify they have everything i need to put them on a stripped lower. i want to make sure i don't need any other tubes or springs. also is there any reason to get one with or without markings? RRA is a good brand, so why not?

thanks in advance :)
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:02:24 PM EST
I recently installed the same RRA 6 pos. stock from RBPrecision. It included the Receiver extension(buffer tube), buffer, spring, castle nut and receiver plate. Everything needed to install on a stripped lower or replace an A2 stock.

CDK
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:30:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2004 2:31:57 PM EST by bob332]

any reason to get or not get a marked one? any benefit with either from a resale standpoint?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:35:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By bob332:

any reason to get or not get a marked one? any benefit with either from a resale standpoint?

It all depends.. The guys that I build them for usually want the stock markings to match the maker of the lower.. I usually get unmarked stocks to have the ability to use them on all lowers without the customer getting pissy.. But if I build on an RRA lower, I'll usually try to go the extra and get an RRA stock.. Good luck on your first build..

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:44:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2004 2:44:23 PM EST by bob332]

Originally Posted By Bond-BailBond:

Originally Posted By bob332:

It all depends.. The guys that I build them for usually want the stock markings to match the maker of the lower.. I usually get unmarked stocks to have the ability to use them on all lowers without the customer getting pissy.. But if I build on an RRA lower, I'll usually try to go the extra and get an RRA stock.. Good luck on your first build..

thanks, i will probably just get one without markings as it doesn't bother me as long as it works...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:18:54 PM EST
now, say later i want to put a 24" upper on it w/bipod for some long distance stuff, do i need to change the stock? spring? or is the upper totally seperate from the lower? can you mix any upper and any lower/stock setup?

thanks again in advance
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:58:32 AM EST
For the most part,, the only time you need to replace the buffer, spring is if your going from a Fixed Stock to a Collapsable one.. Or visa versa.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:32:27 AM EST
I just put a RRA 6 position stock on that I received from Eagle this a.m. You might want to get the M4 buttstock wrench. I got a RRA marked stock to match my RRA lower
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:20:30 AM EST
If you have to go witha 16 inch barrel, then go with the RRA mid length.

The bayonet will fit. the barrel will look more proportional ( not look like it is hanging out into space), and the longer handguards will give you more room for your front hand.

check out adco in the industry/EE they even have one cromed lined.

With a buddy, I build one yesterday. it is da bomb.

Later,

Badredfish

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:10:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By badredfish:
If you have to go witha 16 inch barrel, then go with the RRA mid length.

The bayonet will fit. the barrel will look more proportional ( not look like it is hanging out into space), and the longer handguards will give you more room for your front hand.

check out adco in the industry/EE they even have one cromed lined.

With a buddy, I build one yesterday. it is da bomb.

Later,

Badredfish

thanks for the thgoutht, i will have to go to a gunstore and hold both. does the extra sight radius really help?

how about some pics of your new build, congrats
Top Top