Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/29/2005 2:28:45 PM EDT
I have never owned a scope other than alittle on I have on a 22lr.

I got a Millet 30mm red dot scope in a trade I thought it would be neat to put on my flat top...Hmm the red dot is on the front sight. So I need to lift it up a little. Is there place that sells something that lifts that scope up a little? I think I have seen one piece arms that lift it up an inch or so.

Thanks for looking and any help that you can offer me.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:14:19 PM EDT
Is the dot on the frame of the sight, or on the post itself?

Many people, myself included use red dot optics with the dot on the post.

You can place it higher, if you desire to, by using a set of higher rings, or by using a riser base under the rings.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:05:50 AM EDT

Most will agree that the dot should go on the top of the front sight post. You would move the dot using the elevation adjustment on the scope. If it needs to move up more than the scope will allow you could get a riser of some kind. ARMS comes to mind but I'm sure there are others.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:16:10 AM EDT
Your best value would be the YHM 1/2 mini risers. those will put you in the correct position and are about $11 each.

Top Top