Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 10:07:20 AM EST
Ok, I'm hooked. I bought my stripped lower this w/e and now am going to build up an AR before someone tells me I can't do it (again!).This is my first build and while I am confident I can do it I still will be learning on the fly. My first questions for those in the know are:
1) Since I have a Stag lower will it matter whose LPK I use to build up?
2)Is there a benefit to using all Stag for my lower including a stock ?
And finally,
3)I'm still deciding what style rifle I want to build but I feel since it is my first to keep it simple.If I understand all I've read so far, once my lower is complete I can top it with any style upper I decide on, correct ?
Thanks in advance !

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:40:16 AM EST
Welcome to the site!

Stag is an excellent choice for lower parts.
Unless things have changed, their stocks/rec. extentions are mil-spec size,
so you have many options in the future.

As far as uppers, the sky's the limit (just keep 'em over 16" unless you want to start
a stamp collection... )

Read read read, and enjoy your build.
We will be expecting pics!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:53:37 PM EST
Welcome and big Plus 1 to above. Stag is a great way to go.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:05:11 AM EST
You're pretty much correct, any upper will fit on a lower. the only exceptions are things like gas piston systems, like olympic arms, vs. the normal buffer tube system...and normal calibers vs. 9mm uppers. a 9mm upper has a different hammer in the lower *I think*.

but yeah, if you're just talking .223 uppers that are buffer style, then yep, any upper will fit on any lower. if you stick to all the same company though, the finishes will match each other better. also sometimes they fit better...RRA apparently has pretty tight lowers, so even their uppers are snug going in.
Top Top