Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2005 7:21:44 PM EDT
Who makes these?   I have a past ban style barrel and want a flash hider, but get teary eyed at the thought of my baby being away from me....any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:04:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Suck it up and thread it.  There are very few options out there and none of them are any good.  Send it to ADCO and you'll have it back in a week.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:04:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Definately thread it....ADCO has a excellent turnaround time.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:18:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a pin on brake on my carbine. Shot a few hundred rounds of Wolf 55 grain through it jsut fine, shot a few dozen rounds of 62 grain and the damn thing went down range gauging my bbl in the process! For my next rifle I got a pre ban bbl shaved the ears off the bayonet lug and perm attached a cav comp and now I couldn't be happier.

Steve
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:28:54 AM EDT
[#4]
defintely thread it, and also it'd be a good time to just swap out the barrel if you're missing the bayonet lug too.  Here's a motiviational shot :

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Send your barrel to ADCO and have it threaded.  Do it right or you will be sorry IMO.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#6]
+10 for threading it, Unless you want to launch it downrange.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a question while on the topic ...im kinda new to ARs and purchased a Stag Arms M4 upper(pre-ban) and put it on a post-ban bushmaster lowerhe
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have a question while on the topic ...im kinda new to ARs and purchased a Stag Arms M4 upper(pre-ban) and put it on a post-ban bushmaster lower At the time i did not know you could NOT do this....what is the likely-hood i will get in big trouble/rifle taken away?...i only shoot it at the range(mainly calverton)...the bad part is that i like the "Evil" parts.

www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=25
- Other violations are ungraded misdemeanors and start at 15 days and go up to 1 year in jail + $1,000 criminal fine + $10,000 civil fine.
- Note: As of 2005, civil penalties for possession of an assault weapon have gone up to $25,000. In addition, if you are found with one assault weapon, all other guns you lawfully own are subject to seizure by the NYPD.

Just sell the upper quick or buy a pre-ban lower.  Is it worth the risk to become someones bitch to have "evil features"?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I am most likely going to try to find a pre-ban lower, until then ill use my dissy postban upper....also i do not live in NYC i live on long island.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have a question while on the topic ...im kinda new to ARs and purchased a Stag Arms M4 upper(pre-ban) and put it on a post-ban bushmaster lowerhe

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but are we not in the era of "no-ban" where the distinction between pre-ban and post-ban is moot, and it only makes a difference where local laws are more stringent than federal law?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:52:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Im pretty sure that on longisland you only can have pre-ban features if you have a lower that  once was/still is assembled into a legit. rifle before the ban.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#14]
New Question: What if i "chopped" off the bayo lug and permanently attached the flash-hider to the threaded barrel?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
New Question: What if i "chopped" off the bayo lug and permanently attached the flash-hider to the threaded barrel?

It would need to be a muzzle brake not a FH and chop of the lug, then you have a "post-ban" upper.  Plus you need a fixed stock on your lower.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
defintely thread it, and also it'd be a good time to just swap out the barrel if you're missing the bayonet lug too.  Here's a motiviational shot : href=img288.imageshack.us/img288/1856/area26pr.jpg

Do you need to swap out the barrel to get a bayonet lug or just the front sight?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
defintely thread it, and also it'd be a good time to just swap out the barrel if you're missing the bayonet lug too.  Here's a motiviational shot :

img288.imageshack.us/img288/1856/area26pr.jpg

Do you need to swap out the barrel to get a bayonet lug or just the front sight?

nope just the Front sight assy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would need to be a muzzle brake not a FH and chop of the lug, then you have a "post-ban" upper.  Plus you need a fixed stock on your lower.

Thats probably what i will do then, because i already have a fixed stock, and removing the lug should be simple, butttt does the vortex count as a muzzle-break? Because i saw this on  http://www.gunaccessories.com/   -Vortex-" Can legally be installed on any pre ban gun with a pistol grip or post ban gun that has a straight stock and no bayonet lug"
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey to those who gave bona fide input in here regarding non threaded FH's  THANKS...  I did not consider the chance of it departing my muzzle as was previously stated.  

To the gentleman in NY with the Pre/Post issues, thank you for hi jacking my thread.    If you would like I am sure there are pleanty of people in here who could teach you how to click "NEW TOPIC" and start your own thread.     Please be condisderate of others' posts when you have questions of your own that are off the posted topic.   The legality of a preban upper on a bost ban lower in NY  does not even fit the catagory of threaded or pinned flash hider and who manfactures aftermarket slip on FH's.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry bro, i didnt want to start a whole new thread just for a few questions...and  some of my questions did relate to other issues being stated. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a question while on the topic ...im kinda new to ARs and purchased a Stag Arms M4 upper(pre-ban) and put it on a post-ban bushmaster lower At the time i did not know you could NOT do this....what is the likely-hood i will get in big trouble/rifle taken away?...i only shoot it at the range(mainly calverton)...the bad part is that i like the "Evil" parts.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but are we not in the era of "no-ban" where the distinction between pre-ban and post-ban is moot, and it only makes a difference where local laws are more stringent than federal law?

You hereby stand corrected.

Imagine New York in a time warp back to 1995, thats their AR laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top