Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2005 9:04:58 AM EDT
Does anyone have any info on non rotating trigger and hammer pins?

I found this in the EE. But it won't work on a Cavalry lower, they have a bump in the receiver between the two pins the tie bar won't fit on the out side.  I'm a bit concerned thet the pins may wear the receiver since it's not metal.

Any thoughts or links would be appreciated.

Daubs
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok here is what I've found thus far:

From this web site: www.kagerind.com/Kager_Static_Home/S-gun_sights/s-gun_sights2.htm

I still don't think this would work on a Cavalry receiver. Any other thoughts?

Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Try this link:

Brownells JP anti-walk pins

These pins use C clips to retain the pins.  Should work fine on the CavArms lower.

Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hope this helps!

Thanks for the link. Not quite what I'm looking for. These will not walk out of the lower but still allow the pins to rotate.  I'm amazed that someone dosn't make the JP style pins that would have a sheet metal cam or leg that sit's inside the lower keeping the pin from turning.  Hummm... If I only had a mill....
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I have never... EVER seen an AR have problems with the holes wearing out...  Anyone?? Anyone?? Seems like a solution searching for a problem to me...

If you can afford to wear out a lower through shooting..... I dont think you would have a problem buying a new one, or even sending it back to the manufacturer to be remade...
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I actually have a Bushmaster lower that the FCG pin holes must have been a little over size from the get-go and I have put a few thousand rounds through it. I just got a LMT 2-stage trigger for it from Denny and when I was putting it in I noticed that my pins were really sloppy in the lower now.  I looked and I could see that the anodizing was worn away in the hammer pin hole.  I assembled it all back together with the new LMT trigger and when I operate the trigger I can actually see the pins moving side to side inside the holes and the hammer pin is rotating.  The best fix was to order a set of .1555" oversize, KNS anti-walk pins from Denny.  They should be here tomorrow and I will have no more loose FCG pin problems and no more worries about ruining my Bushmaster receiver.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hope this helps!

Thanks for the link. Not quite what I'm looking for. These will not walk out of the lower but still allow the pins to rotate.  I'm amazed that someone dosn't make the JP style pins that would have a sheet metal cam or leg that sit's inside the lower keeping the pin from turning.  Hummm... If I only had a mill....

Supposedly, these pins are oversized to prevent rotation in the lower, but not sure about that.  I have never used them, just remembered seeing them at Brownells.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:24:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have never... EVER seen an AR have problems with the holes wearing out...  Anyone?? Anyone?? Seems like a solution searching for a problem to me...

You just haven't seen enough AR lowers.  I've seen over a dozen with egged out hammer pin holes.  Never seen one with a bad trigger pin hole.  Only one lower was bad enough to require the KNS pins so it'll function correctly (egged hole and all).
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Can't you groove the bump on the cav arms reciever so the tie bar fits?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:59:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Nevermind.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By Hail Mary:

Quoted:

You just haven't seen enough AR lowers.  I've seen over a dozen with egged out hammer pin holes.  Never seen one with a bad trigger pin hole.  Only one lower was bad enough to require the KNS pins so it'll function correctly (egged hole and all).

Ok..  I guess I just dont have enough experience with AR-15's. But I have seen and used two Cav-16 select fire post sample machine guns with over 50,000 rounds through them, as well as a few others with unknown round counts. They are still functioning to this day, with no perceivable wear on the hammer nor trigger pins..  I really doubt these products are needed on a Cav-15 at all.  But if you really think you need to spend money on this... Its your dollar.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#11]
What's wrong with the RRA NM trigger trigger pins that you can get for $2 from RRA?  They do not rotate in the pin hole and still fit inside the standard trigger and hammer.

That's what I do and have had zero problems.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top