Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/23/2020 3:47:02 PM
Posted: 12/18/2009 2:04:06 PM EDT
For those of you that run standard upper receivers on your 9mm build, are there any disadvantages?  Specifically any issues with gas leakage through the gas tube hole or with the F/A?  I was thinking of just building my 9mm with a standard receiver to save some money over buying a 9mm specific upper.  

Also if you go with a standard upper, standard feed ramps or just go ahead and get M4 ramps?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:28:44 PM EDT
I just filled it with permanent auto gasket stuff...CLP will soften the stuff up but not enough to worry about in the cleaning process.  I was not worried about gas pressure leakage as much as dirt and stuff making its way inside...
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:42:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ruzhye:
Also if you go with a standard upper, standard feed ramps or just go ahead and get M4 ramps?

Won't make any difference.  The 9mm feedramp is on the mag block and if you have M4 ramps in your upper the cartridge won't come close to touching them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:45:32 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GarrettJ:
Originally Posted By Ruzhye:

Won't make any difference.  The 9mm feedramp is on the mag block and if you have M4 ramps in your upper the cartridge won't come close to touching them.

Great, thanks for the info.  I knew the the barrel was designed differently, but wasn't sure if it would contact or not.

Top Top