Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 8:45:27 AM EST
I recently bought a Bushy XM-15 and fired it for the first time yesterday...this is my second Bushy and I have owned 2 Colt AR's. This rifle has a really noisy buffer spring when firing and it vibrates when the bolt slams forward. None of my other AR's shot like this. The rifle is like-new, used condition. It feeds, extracts, ejects just fine....any one out there know what I'm talking about & what I can do about it?

headbang.gif
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:46:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/25/2004 8:47:42 AM EST by Sukebe]
It's normal. What do you expect? You've got about 12 inch spring next to your ear.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:53:39 AM EST

Originally Posted By theBUBBAMANcan:
I recently bought a Bushy XM-15 and fired it for the first time yesterday...this is my second Bushy and I have owned 2 Colt AR's. This rifle has a really noisy buffer spring when firing and it vibrates when the bolt slams forward. None of my other AR's shot like this. The rifle is like-new, used condition. It feeds, extracts, ejects just fine....any one out there know what I'm talking about & what I can do about it?

Actually you can take a dab of white lithium grease and put inside the buffer tube and on the spring. That will smooth the action out a little bit and will dampen the sound a touch.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:02:20 AM EST

The rifle is like-new, used condition. It feeds, extracts, ejects just fine....any one out there know what I'm talking about & what I can do about it?

OH, something is wrong with it. If you'll send it to me, I'll have a look at it. It's prob. not worth shooting anymore. But only my trained ear will be able to tell.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:10:53 AM EST
It's normal, don't mess with it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:14:18 AM EST
Ski...I'll try the litheum grease...thanks.

Rusty...I'll send it to you ASAP...you're a life-saver...thanks! In fact, it's already packed up and in the UPS truck!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:16:41 AM EST

Rusty...I'll send it to you ASAP...you're a life-saver...thanks! In fact, it's already packed up and in the UPS truck!

Don't forget, I'll need 1000 rnd's of ammo to properly identify the problem..........
Top Top