Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2004 6:46:43 AM EDT
First let me say Im a die hard Bushy fan (yes, I own a few Colts but theyre just for pretty).

With the recent demise of AWB and the offers for replacement cost from our members behind the lines, I decided I would be interested in selling my bushy Dissapator.  Why not?  If I can get a new rifle (A3 instead of A2) and be out no cash while saving time and some $, it sure seems a good idea. Both sides win.

The problem:  My rifle has a 56000 serial #.  I follow bushy's link to verify status since its in the grey area.  After a week I call customer service and am told wait longer since theyre getting "800+ calls a day" and "very busy". Well now its been 2 weeks and still no answer.

Any suggestions since customer service cant/wont seem to help?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry, what is the significance of the #56XXXXX SN?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

since theyre getting "800+ calls a day" and "very busy".

Any suggestions since customer service cant/wont seem to help?

I think you answered your own question.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey, I understand that they are busy, but at 50 emails a day that need a yes or no response, I think one person should be able to get it done in 14 days.

I called again today and after a few transfers I got to a gal that couldnt find my email, but she took down my email address and said give her 48 hours.  Hopefully, I'll know soon.  The woman I spoke with was very nice and seemed concerned that it had taken so long.  This is what Ive come to expect when I call bushmaster - great service, nice folks and a great product.

So banned folks hopefully I'll have a dissy up for sale soon (or find out I got screwed over in '95 when I bought it).
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#4]
you have never checked before to make sure your own gun is a preban?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm still lost.  There is no ban anymore, so the term "pre-ban" no longer has any meaning.  What is the mystery here?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#6]
some states still "SEE" the 94 ban. So it is not totally gone away
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:17:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That is their problem. If I were Bushy, I would not waste another second on this pre-ban verification crapola, they should spend their time making NEW no-ban guns!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That I know.  I'm asking about this weapon.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#10]
its the same way with rock river, armalite, and a bunch of other rifle companies. you get shitheads  complaining about people not returning phone calls and emails.  THEY ARE BUSY MAKING RIFLES.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
you have never checked before to make sure your own gun is a preban?

No kidding....how do you NOT know this? You bought it before the AWB ended I assume? And you bought a used(or previously owned) gun I would also assume, since you don't know whether it's a pre-ban or not.  

Forget it...I don't see Bushmaster at fault because you never took the time to even know what the hell it is you actually own.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Do you have any clue just how FEW people actually work at Bushmaster????

No, I dont.  Since they havent made a "preban" rifle for 10 years and have been getting questions about them for the last 10, I thought that prehaps this data would be readily available.  Im kind of supprised its not all available on their web site - since that way they would never have to devote time to answering questions.  2 weeks is long enough to wait IMO for simple info.  I realize that it can take longer to MAKE PARTS, etc.  

Let me check.....

Look up sister in laws address in Chicago...... Done.

Build an upper ( I already have the parts)...... 2 hours..... Done.

Geeh guess there's a difference.

Thanks for your suggestions on another way to find out though

Actually, I did ask about a year ago but never got an answer then - I figured screw it, but now that folks have expressed an interest that for most and myself is a used rifle I thought perhaps a prospective buyer want some evidence of its preban status if buying over the 'net.

thetruth - pay $20 and become a member before you call me a shithead.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I can see why you're mad at BFI, 4mga.  I've asked you twice about your rifle and you haven't taken the time to answer me, but you have plenty of time to grind your teeth at everyone else.

Don't bother now.  I couldn't care less.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#14]
This whole thing is messed up.

4gma, is wanting to help out a fellow shooter in a commi state by parting with his pre-94 rifle. +1 for 4gma and a fellow in a commi state...

4gma, I assume, will then be purchasing a replacement Bushmaster rifle. +1 for 4gma & Bushmaster...

4gma, basically seems to understand that Bushmaster is busy, however- he can also NOT sell his rifle to someone trapped in a FU state until he can get the PB status of his weapon verified.  Also, he could choose not to sell his PB weapon altogether which would NOT put another good weapon in some poor unfortunate souls hands as well as exclude 4gma from purchasing a new BM product.  I would think his rifle will sell easily to someone in a commi state who would be willing to pick up "another" AR since it will have all the goodies. Further, by selling in order to purchase- 4gma is going to send more business towards Bushmaster.

Where is it that folks feel 4gma is faqing BM and others waiting on BM's products?

Course, if 4gma just came out and said, "All you poor bastards trapped in commi states, shove it.  I got mine." He'd still be considered an asshole.

I swear, things that make you go .

Good on ya 4gma for considering helping out someone in a tyrannical state and getting fresh stocks into good peoples' hands, both pre and post ban.

Sly

FWIW, Resident of a free state.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Ouch..................
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Don't bother now. I couldn't care less

Ok, I wont.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#18]
YES!  Rifle left as a complete rifle 6/94.  Looks like after I get a few pics up she's on her way behind the lines.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
YES!  Rifle left as a complete rifle 6/94.  Looks like after I get a few pics up she's on her way behind the lines.

Good things come to those who wait.....patiently  
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I still cant believe you didnt know this before
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe now the title of this thread can be changed to something less perjorative towards Bushmaster's customer service.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Maybe now the title of this thread can be changed to something less perjorative towards Bushmaster's customer service.

Read the first line of the original post.  I do have some free midol samples I can send you... I'll even pay shipping.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

lumpo is right, Almost everytime I've called, I get the same lady on the phone when I order stuff.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#25]
For Bushmaster serial#s LO  63000 and below were preban as long as assembled into complete rifles something that only matters in a few states.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I don't.  If you know, tell us -- interesting trivia.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top