Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 9:16:59 AM EDT
I was just watching The Bourne Identity and managed to catch something very interesting

Is that normal or is it just a movie goof? I mean they are in a US embassy, who needs sights when your up close and personal right?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Stupid movie mistake there.

When I see this, though, it always makes me wonder about the actor holding the weapon. Even if he didn't know much about weapons, wouldn't he wonder why it had no sights?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was just watching The Bourne Identity and managed to catch something very interesting

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n277/ESpiritDeCorps/Nosights.jpg

Is that normal or is it just a movie goof? I mean they are in a US embassy, who needs sights when your up close and personal right?

Weapon-wise, that whole scene was a cluster-fuck.

ETA - In all honesty, with a CQB situation, it would 'suffice' but the idea that you would intentionally leave BUIS off of a weapon for that purpose is stoopid.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't pay to much attention to the details of the weapons that they use in the movies, they use mostly either airsoft or replicas, they don't use real guns for safety.

The funny ones to me are optics mounted backwards.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#5]
where can I buy a couple of thse hollywood mags? (unlimited ammo)
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Heat
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#7]
if you take off BUIS, it adds 15-20 horsepower!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#8]
It makes the rifle lighter and also more aerodynamic for the high speed operators.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#9]
In the movie The Kingdom one of the Saudi cops goes through an entire gunfight without a rear sight.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#10]
maybe the guy is just that good and knows his weapon that well  

fwiw, when i use to shoot a lot of shotgun - probably 2-3x/wk x a couple hundred rnds each time, i didn't need a sight after a rather short time - just knew where the gun would shoot.  and not like i had a fancy clay thrower that would send them in the same general direction each time, just either have a friend throw them randomly w/ the handheld thrower or do it myself.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The funny ones to me are optics mounted backwards. [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_big.gif[/img

Tears of the sun wass good for that.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The funny ones to me are optics mounted backwards. [url]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_big.gif[/img

Tears of the sun wass good for that.

I give them credit for having the closest I have ever heard in a movie for the actual sound a suppressor makes though....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top