Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2007 10:35:33 AM EDT
I've had it with ammo made over seas!
Chinese made ammo gave me headaches because the brass was of low quality, the European stuff is inconsistent. I buy some one time and I had no problems. I buy it again another time and every round fired I get a short stroke jam. Yet when I fire the stuff in another rifle it works without a hitch.
And now I was at the range today and I had a couple boxes of that ADCOM ammo from UAE. I was firing the first mag with no problems until about the tenth round. I fire and the round is ejected, but the bolt stops short. I look at the ejection port and I can just see that there is a round in the chamber. I eject the mag and lock the bolt back. While doing this, the round falls out of the chamber and this left me puzzled (I thought it was jammed in there). So, I put the mag back in the hit the bolt release. Again the bolt doesn’t move all the way forward, and again I can just a round in the chamber. Again I eject the mag and lock the bolt back, and again the round falls out in the process. Well, I take a good look and don’t see anything in the chamber area causing the problem, so turn my rifle to look at the bolt and I see the problem. And it’s something I’ve never seen before.
When the last round fired, the primer had dislodge from the base of the cartridge and somehow got wedged between the side of the receiver and one of the lugs on the bolt. Fortunately it didn’t gouge the side of the receiver and it didn’t take much to get it out with a pair of tweezers. Needless to say, I didn’t even bother firing the remaining ammo.
So, no more foreign ammo. No matter economical it may be. I have nothing but problems with it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#1]
ADCOM was known from having that blown primer problem.  I think there were specific lots though.

-X
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Adcom with 1999 Headstamp had issues with blown primers. What was the lot number from your Adcom?
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]
<Cut that crap out. This is not GD. - Zhukov>
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
Adcom with 1999 Headstamp had issues with blown primers. What was the lot number from your Adcom?The headstamp is "MPA 01".
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothing wrong with Brit ammo...

RORG Rocks
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Dang!

01 ADCOM with issues!
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Had that same problem once with Winchester Q loads. Shit happens.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

RORG Rocks
                                                                                                                                  yeah it does!! even has good bandos and a rustless can. rock on RORG....just throw some across the pond for for your brothers in arms. When does the next years get shevled or expire??
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#9]
One thing I found was that I had WAY more problems with Adcom when it was hot outside then when it was 50 or 60F. I just shoot it when the temps are cooler and the popped primer issue is much less noticable.

ETA, MPA=OLYMPIC, RUN FORREST RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Total garbage. Didn't come in a tin did it?
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RORG Rocks
                                                                                                                                  yeah it does!! even has good bandos and a rustless can. rock on RORG....just throw some across the pond for for your brothers in arms. When does the next years get shevled or expire??

The latest LOT to be released is 50K of 2004 L15A1 (Police contract, ball powder loaded, SS109 spec).
Don't think it will be leaving the UK though, sorry! (Would be about $320/k if it did....)
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 1:18:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

RORG Rocks

Taffy223 & Two4spooky -

Just so you know I used to think the same thing too, until a 1989 stamped RORG round blew up and did about $70 damage to one of my Bushmaster carbines. It was the 1st round in a 5 round mag and I never found the other 4 rounds. It was like a little bomb going off. And I always check my ammo that is bought loose like that twice before I load it up. I have had no problems with the 90 and 92 that I have left, just the 89 lot.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 3:27:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
One thing I found was that I had WAY more problems with Adcom when it was hot outside then when it was 50 or 60F. I just shoot it when the temps are cooler and the popped primer issue is much less noticable.

That's kind of ironic seeing that it was made in the desert!
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Send all your foreign ammo to me, i will properly dispose of it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Adcom with 1999 Headstamp had issues with blown primers. What was the lot number from your Adcom?

The headstamp is "MPA 01".

What is MPA? Adcom is not headstamped with "MPA".
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

RORG Rocks

The latest LOT to be released is 50K of 2004 L15A1 (Police contract, ball powder loaded, SS109 spec).
Don't think it will be leaving the UK though, sorry! (Would be about $320/k if it did....)
Let me be first to say that if any 2004 RG shows up over here in the $320/k range, I WILL buy at least one k.  Put me first on the list!
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RORG Rocks

Taffy223 & Two4spooky -

Just so you know I used to think the same thing too, until a 1989 stamped RORG round blew up and did about $70 damage to one of my Bushmaster carbines. It was the 1st round in a 5 round mag and I never found the other 4 rounds. It was like a little bomb going off. And I always check my ammo that is bought loose like that twice before I load it up. I have had no problems with the 90 and 92 that I have left, just the 89 lot.

i had the same exact thing happen to me. the case separated right above the rim and into the primer area. ruined an extractor and mag. the bolt appeared fine but i tossed it just in case.

Link Posted: 6/17/2007 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#18]
For mr h and 50magnum - that just blows! sorry could not help myself. Hope you both were ok, seriously. I know that would be a scarey experience, What dealer did you buy from? Approximate date? Do you know the lot numbers? I think our friends over there use date code vs. our lot #.  It would read like "2.5.89" , probably two dates in yellow on side of can, one date for ball and another date below the first for the tracer round. There are still people with RORG ammo left to shoot, said info may be helpful. If I'm mistaken maybe someone will correct my #'s.
I have had very good results with RORG.     I do hope neither of you were injured and have gotten over the flinch from that expierence.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 1:02:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
For mr h and 50magnum - that just blows! sorry could not help myself. Hope you both were ok, seriously. I know that would be a scarey experience, What dealer did you buy from? Approximate date? Do you know the lot numbers? I think our friends over there use date code vs. our lot #.  It would read like "2.5.89" , probably two dates in yellow on side of can, one date for ball and another date below the first for the tracer round. There are still people with RORG ammo left to shoot, said info may be helpful. If I'm mistaken maybe someone will correct my #'s.
I have had very good results with RORG.     I do hope neither of you were injured and have gotten over the flinch from that expierence.

Mr H- same damage occured with me, but my bolt was still good. Just the explosion was a little freaky, but I have heard so many 105mm and 120mm tank rounds going off that it really just shocked me because like I said, I always check loose stuff twice.

two4spooky- here is a pic from that ammo that I bought from Sportsmanguide, who they in turn said they got it from Centurion Arms.

Luckily I keep enough spare brand new parts for my 2 Bushmasters, because SG nor Centurion was going to do a damn thing.

And prior to this happenening I had already fired 1 720 rd box, and this bullet was at the end of the  2nd lot, I think just about everyone knows you have to cull 30 to 60 rds everytime anyway when you buy loose.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The headstamp is "MPA 01".

Isn't that OLYMPIC headstamp? If it is, [and I'm pretty sure it is]  that stuff is CRAPTASTIC JUNK. Worthless and known for this problem.
Link Posted: 6/18/2007 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I have not seen Olympic with "MPA", but have seen it with "NPA"  I had always heard that it was reject ammo from a contract with Japan's or Korea's or Taiwan's National Police Agency.  YMMV
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top