Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/31/2005 4:46:20 PM EDT
Here's the ammo situation at the show today

ZERO NONE NADA ZIP FORGET IT NO FNING WAY

223 or 762x39

Please guys, lets stay on top of things if anyone finds any ammo on the sponsors sites.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:26:40 PM EDT
Was it a "no ammo" gun show? Some promoters don't allow ammo to be sold at their events. If you found no ammo whatsoever at a show, that was probably the case.

Another thing to consider is the fact that the show is over New Years... maybe the ammo dealers took the weekend off.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:36:48 PM EDT
I'm not sure what show you went to but at the Hickory show there were tons of 223 and 7.62. Everything from TAP to M855 to wolf and everything in between. No real deals but did see a local (to Hickory) dealer that handles Lancer so that was a good find.

FFF
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:12:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By geneinnc:
Here's the ammo situation at the show today

ZERO NONE NADA ZIP FORGET IT NO FNING WAY

223 or 762x39

Please guys, lets stay on top of things if anyone finds any ammo on the sponsors sites.

Like I posted in the other topic you listed, I can never find any ammo at the gun shows in WI so I just stopped going and saved my 5 to 10 dollars a show. Every year I can just about buy a case of ammo with the money I save.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:34:13 PM EDT
Did you got to this weekends show? I talked to the kid doing the handloads. He tried to Trade me ammo for my Kimber. He said he had no 223 or 7.62. One guy had Battlepacks, $25. I think that was 40 rounds. The import ammo guy with the grey beard has a few odd boxes, but he sells mostly hangun ammo. Hell the Volume guys weren't even there. They were there LAST show, selling Wolf 223 for $120 OTD. Even they had no 7.62 LAST show.I did see some Federal, $230 a case. Bullesye is cheaper than that.

I hate to think I was there all day yesterday and today, and missed something as big as cases of Wolf ammo.

For the other guy, NC gun shows sell lots of ammo. Depends on the Fire Marshall if they can sell primers & powder. They limit the dealers to a few cans of poweder, and a few boxes of primers.
They let them sell it outside, even if they pay booth rent. Seems the local fire marshal frowns on hazmet indoors, but no problem on ammo.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:33:34 PM EDT
geneinnc, if you were asking me if I went to the show this weekend in Hickory the answer is yes. Sorry if it wasn't clear. Sorry you missed the ammo. I saw 3 vendors that had case qty of wolf in 223. (I don't use it but I did see it there) There were 2 that had case qty of the adcom M855 for pretty decent pricing. and saw 762 in case and battle packs. It was a zoo Saturday morning but it was there. There were even a few that had the 223 TAP for a somewhat decent price.

FFF
Top Top