Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 5:41:09 AM EDT
I'm interested in the Nikon Monarch VSD red dot sight. You can adjust the size of the dot and it has no magnification. I'm gonna use this optic for coyote hunting on my Colt HBAR. It seems like a good optic for 300 yards and in, since you can set the dot at 1 MOA if you want. Does anyone have any opinions or experience with this optic? I can't find any good info on the net. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 3:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I did a search here on AR15.com and came up empty. Most people use the EOtech and Aimpoints and others use the TacPoints. Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]
No experience with that sight but have always been pleased with Nikon quality.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The only Nikon scope I've seen fail, was from a huy who mounted it on his M77 ruger, he put the rear ring on the front and front on the rear.. Went to range and twisted the bejesus out of the elavation adjustment trying to hit paper and broke it.. Of course Nikon replaced the scope, or fixed it, wichever..

PS Dumbasses should not be allowed to wrench on guns..
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Jedimaster,

I have the same question.  I too am thinking about the Nikon VSD for my RRA A4.  I have Nikons on all of my rifles now and have a Nikon Tactical on my first RRA 20" A4.  I am considering the       EOTech 512, but the Nikon VSD looks real attractive.  I wish I could find more feedback.

77Bronc
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:56:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I may just end up getting one.  They may be too new to have a follwing yet; I don't know. They sure do sound good though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Jedi,

I looked a Leupold Gilmore today at the local gunshop, $250/  It too looked well made, but the saleman told me they will be discontinued.

77Bronc
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The only Nikon scope I've seen fail, was from a huy who mounted it on his M77 ruger, he put the rear ring on the front and front on the rear.. Went to range and twisted the bejesus out of the elavation adjustment trying to hit paper and broke it.. Of course Nikon replaced the scope, or fixed it, wichever..

PS Dumbasses should not be allowed to wrench on guns..

I read a post somewhere in cyber space, of an individual that used pliers to try to get "a couple more clicks" of elevation out of his scope!! WOW!!

Nikon has had pretty solid CS, according to my friends that have had them. My Nikon's refused to be broken...ct  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#9]
btt
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top