Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
9/16/2019 10:09:13 PM
Posted: 1/2/2012 6:10:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2012 9:28:42 AM EDT by Iowaredneck]
I have been comparing these 2 about the same price never had a Burris but have friends that love their FF2's .

A plus for the Nikon would be the side focus. How do these compare and if anyone has one give me your impressions

thanks

ETA is the coyote the same thing as the buckmaster only with the varmint BDC ?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 1:58:19 PM EDT
I have the Nikon Monarc 5-20x44 and it's a great scope, My vote would be for the nikon.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 12:05:24 PM EDT
Iowa,
I have 2 of the Nikon Coyote Special Scopes. 1 on a DPMS Prairie Panther in MOBU and one on a Ruger Ranch Rifle. I really like the quick target acquisition of the Coyote Special circles. The make picking up a running song dog a lot easier in my opinion. I have let some budies use my DPMS on some coyote's and once they realized that as soon as you have fur pull the trigger they were impressed. Obviously the BDC reticle makes taking those long shot's quicker and more accurately. I would defintely suggest looking thru one before you buy just to make sure it is what will work best for your needs.
Just some added info, Nikon has a big Promotion going on featuring this scope right now. $50 mail in rebate.
Just so you are aware, I have been doing some work for Nikon for 18 months but I have been using their scopes by choice for 17 years!
Let me know if you have any questions.
By the way, that's my DPMS Rifle in this ad, it is one sweet shooter!
Coyote Special Promo

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:36:24 AM EDT
I really like the Nikon buckmaster which is the same as the coyote with out the coyote reticle and camo.
I have 3 of them in 4.5-14X40mm with the side focus and mildot and they have been flawless on my coyote AR and 2 bolt guns.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:38:51 PM EDT
I'm also considering one of the Nikon Coyote scopes. Can anyone explain the range finding ability with the reticle's circles? I understand the circles are the approximate size of the vital area on a predator. But, doesn't the scope have to be set on a certain magnification for that ranging to work correctly? If so, what zoom setting would that be? If I am way off on this, someone please educate me.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:32:28 AM EDT
I have 2 of the Coyote Special scopes, one on my AR and one on a M700 in .243. I love them, my AR is my varmint calling gun the circle let you see where you are going to hit. Targets are easy to pick up and fast to aquire. Glass is good. I mostly hunt at night and have no probably with clarity when the red light has an animal spotted. I really haven't used the bottem distance circles cause my shots are usually under a 100 yds.

I also like the sight picture you get while sighting in. With a round target I get excellant groups. It is similar to the sight picture of the old williams peep sight only with magnification.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:27:22 PM EDT
The circle reticle in the coyote special is something you need to get used to, or at least I did. It is very fast to get on target with and like it a bunch. I have the Burris 4.5 -14 on my AR now and like it a lot as well.
Top Top