Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/2/2015 11:58:17 AM EDT
Hi.  I just got a Nikon M223, mounted it, and then noticed the objective lens 1 3/4 inches down the tube from the end of the scope.  Is this normal?  In all the stock pics, you can clearly see the lens.  The first pics are mine, and the last is a stock pic.  Please help!

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you're missing a lens?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think you're missing a lens?
View Quote

Don't know.  There is an lens, but it's just way down there.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
does it function? can you see through it?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
It's fine. Mine is just like that. Acts as sunshade and reduces glare.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

It functions, but I've had another M223 in my possession before, and its lens was like the stock pic.  Is there a rhyme or reason my new one is sunk in like that, whether good or bad?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:04:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It functions, but I've had another M223 in my possession before, and its lens was like the stock pic.  Is there a rhyme or reason my new one is sunk in like that, whether good or bad?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only have the one 1-4 Nikon M223 to compare to. I've had mine for about 5 years so maybe that pic is a newer model and they sent you the last gen stock. Or the pic is an older model and ours is the current offering. I never questioned it. Assumed it just gave shading properties. I'm no optics expert. Maybe guys in the Optics Forum have more details.  

All I can say is it's been an outstanding scope till I slipped on ice and the impact of the rifle was absorbed entirely by the elevation turret on concrete. Optics are still crystal clear but turret is FUBAR. I figured I'd be eating the cost of a new scope or at best repair. Called Nikon to inquire about repair cost. When explaining how I damaged the scope the lady interrupted and told me to send it in and they would replace it, and the bent mount, no charge.  Still sitting on my desk. Need to send it off still. Lol!
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Normal, the half dozen I've used have all been like that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#9]
That is exactly how it is supposed to look, about 1.75 inches inside the tube you find the objective lens.
On the 1.5-6 M-223's it is about 1 inch.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top